• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A good chair that packs easy and comfortable

Reaction score
Working on planning for some overnight camp somewhere trips on the bike. One thing I know I need is a good chair that pack down easy, and is still usable and comfortable and not $200. Suggestions.....

Maybe these?

Maybe these?

I have a similar chair I got from REI years ago. It's not bad at all for how small and light it is.

Small and light is much less important than comfortable I carried a full size comfortable chair over 40,000 miles on my 950 KTM , my tent , poles and stakes fit in the chair bag and it was the same length as my side boxes were wide , they were one inch wider than the bars . First thing off the bike when I stopped and last thing on in the morning . I was comfortable wherever I went . Priorities .

Comfort is subjective.
Big boy will need a different chair than a lean, mean, riding machine.

What Cagiva said. I had the Walmart version of that Tusk chair, which also seems to be sold by a lot of other manufacturers for various prices. I went to an FJR meet and the whole time I kept sliding down in the chair and it was not comfortable at all and was just annoying. I quietly left it there for someone else to take and be plagued with. Still searching for a suitable replacement.

Those MC camping chairs aren’t big guy friendly, I always pulled one of my Jessie’s off an sit on it.

little comforts like this really matter, especially on longer camps. if you can't sleep or relax well in camp, that'll catch up to you quickly during the rides. If you can, go to an REI and give these 'lil chairs a test.

Tons of options on amazon. Typically knock offs of far more expensive brands

The orange chair is my 40,000 mile chair , bought it over 20 years ago and it died this year . Sure wish I could find a replacement

238B1ADD-FA5D-4661-9B26-74549CE0C60F.jpeg

5 bucks at wallmart , but that was before the chinese invasion , nothing has come close since in comfort or quality .

Good news for all stock holders and bankers. I decided on this one. It has already arrived and for me I think it will work best. It is light and has more back support than just a bucket style. Folding the legs up was a bit cantankerous but it will be fine. I can easily pack it along on other adventures.

Nice choice. In fact, it was my first choice, but the stowed size was too large for my 18L Kriega bags, so I got one of these

So far, so good. FWIW, I tend to the industrial scale, but this chair is still quite comfortable.

Back