• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
So, I took some recently time to do some easy mods.

I did some decal removal on the side fairings.

e2e9utug.jpg

use6eveg.jpg

Went well.

Then,
y7a7utap.jpg

genuhu8u.jpg

I ordered a rim stripe kit.

ehe4epu6.jpg

Not perfect but, I'm proud of my work.

Today, I did an oil change; used Mobil 1 synthetic and a K&N filter, of course. (No pics).

AND DEN...

I get geared up and prep for a ride. While still in the garage, I throw my leg over to get going. Then the freakiest thing happens. For no flipping reason, we (Daisy & I) fall hard to the right; smack dab into our garden tool rack!

Yeah! Thank God for frame sliders.

After I get myself unstuck, I attempt to pick her up and get going. No dice. One more time. Crap! Broke the right side mirror.

After that, I head the little voice in my head, which sounds amazingly like my wife, and go for some help.

Thanks neighbor!

We get her upright again, I crank her up. Another hiccup. She won't start. Crap!

I put her on the battery tender, and wait. And wait. And wait. Try again. Nope! So, wait. Wait, wait, and wait again. Try again. Nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ??

Last edited:
Does it have a resettable tip over sensor? Loose battery terminals from the battery rattling about during the fall?

Last edited:
So, then I give up and gear down, and start calling to price a new battery. I leave the tender on just in case.

On my way to Autozone (too late to make it to the Honda place) I decide to crank Daisy up just to see if she starts.

BINGO!

So, I gear up again and go for the best ride I've had in a long while. Nary a curve and lots of traffic, worth every mile.

While out in the fresh air, I figure out how to fix my mirror.

u4yzu5yq.jpg

No harm no foul; except my language when we fell in the first place.

Does it have a resettable tip over sensor? Loose battery terminals from the battery rattling about during the fall?

Everything was good I go. But, I had drained eh battery from too many starts. Hopefully, I don't need a replacement. This one was pricey. I may try to pick up a spare from Autozone anyways.

utu4ydy4.jpg

Stopped to show the wife the bike wasn't too badly hurt.

All's well that ends well!
Good looking bike too.
But now, you said:
"So, I gear up again and go for the best ride I've had in a long while. Nary a curve and lots of traffic, worth every mile."

Nary a curve + Lots of traffic= best ride? Is this sarcasm? :-). Or, somehow it was a great ride, despite the lack of curves and the abundance of traffic. Or, you actually prefer straight lines and lots of cagers for company?

All's well that ends well!
Good looking bike too.
But now, you said:
"So, I gear up again and go for the best ride I've had in a long while. Nary a curve and lots of traffic, worth every mile."

Nary a curve + Lots of traffic= best ride? Is this sarcasm? :-). Or, somehow it was a great ride, despite the lack of curves and the abundance of traffic. Or, you actually prefer straight lines and lots of cagers for company?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the curves. But, because all that I went through, that ride was glorious. :rider:

Did a couple of small things today. Covered a portion of my tank decals: white reflective tape covered with yellow translucent tape.

th_IMG_1002_zpsa694e0d2.jpg
th_IMG_0998_zps95b7269d.jpg
th_IMG_0997_zps956574f5.jpg

Then, for grins and giggles, I covered my cheapo LEDs with the yellow tape to see if they'd look better. Yes they did.

th_IMG_0992_zpsdca7ffec.jpg
th_IMG_1004_zps0610e373.jpg

About the battery- An AGM from Batteries+ is able to take the spill with no problem. You could mount it up-side-down!

I like the matte black fairings as contrast.

I take it that the ride afterwards didn't take you close to a cart corral? :doh:

That's ok, I dropped the 919 awhile back just moving it out of the garage.

Crap happens. I guess you didn't have a pitchfork mounted in the garden tool rack. :eek2:

About the battery- An AGM from Batteries+ is able to take the spill with no problem. You could mount it up-side-down!

Good to know. I've got a YUASA. The interwebs says it's spill proof.

Even though I had her on the tender while doing the LED light work, I wasn't sure of her battery power. So, I took her for a night ride to see if she'd start after gassing up. No problem. WHEW!

th_IMG_1007_zps335d673d.jpg
th_IMG_1008_zps0b3b9e2f.jpg

Live, Love, Ride!

I like the matte black fairings as contrast.

I take it that the ride afterwards didn't take you close to a cart corral? :doh:

Last October, I took some cart corral defense classes. They were real intense but, they really helped! The instructors went step-by-step on how dangerous these monsters are and how to outsmart them. The classes gave me my life back, man. I feel so free! :zen:

That's ok, I dropped the 919 awhile back just moving it out of the garage.

Crap happens. I guess you didn't have a pitchfork mounted in the garden tool rack. :eek2:

No, but we came real close to the pick axe! :eek2: And I seriously don't know what the heck happened, dude. I threw my leg over like always. I was geared up in the same stuff I always wear. It was like some evil force pushed me over. :wary:

Mirror replacements came in this week. I also ordered a few inexpensive doodads to "make it my own".

I think I'm just about done. I'd like to replace the grips with some that shows a little yellow and I'm still on the lookout for just the right decal for the side fairings.

Attachments

• IMG_829018521089311.jpg
    IMG_829018521089311.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_829004012452836.jpg
    IMG_829004012452836.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 151
Back