• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Newbie post

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Hello everyone. My name is Alan and I am brand new to riding and this forum. I recently purchased a 2004 Triump Speed Triple as my first bike. I am sure I will have tons of questions but currently, I just want to know who lives in San Marcos or close to it so I can go riding? Please PM me.

Alan

TriumphSpeedTriple2004-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alan! :welcome:
I don't live near you, but wanted to welcome you to the forum & to the addiction! Hope you'll post up some photos of your bike too!

Be safe & have fun!:rider:

just a little square that said the photo had been moved or deleted! :shrug:

weird... it shows up when I open the post?? how unusual? any moderators on here that can help me out with that?

:tab Welcome to the site and congrats on the Speed Triple. It is an awesome bike. If you've no previous experience on bikes, I would recommend finding a good parking lot and practice practice practice your braking skills and low speed moves. I would also suggest holding off on group rides for a while. The group dynamic can be VERY risky for new riders. Best to have some time and miles under your seat with just you and your bike before you toss in the group thing on top of being new. Too often, new riders get in over their head without even realizing it until it is too late.

weird... it shows up when I open the post?? how unusual? any moderators on here that can help me out with that?

:tab I can't see an image. I even edited your post to pull the link out directly and tried to plop that into a new browser window and I still get the image :shrug: You used the IMG tag correctly. So far as I can tell, the link is not good.

Second try.

TriumphSpeedTriple2004.jpg

Thanks for all the info about riding. I really wasn't looking for a group ride yet. I was looking for someone to ride with me and show me the ropes. Sorry if I didn't get that out right.

Second try.

TriumphSpeedTriple2004.jpg

Thanks for all the info about riding. I really wasn't looking for a group ride yet. I was looking for someone to ride with me and show me the ropes. Sorry if I didn't get that out right.

Very nice :dude:

Good plan on finding a good riding partner. An experienced mentor can be invaluable! I know there are quite a few other folks in the San Marcos/New Braunfels area. Budzrex is somewhere in that area. Of course, being a Rex rider he is a presumptive Squid :lol2: A good guy though ;-)

I HAVE to second what Tourmeister said: an experienced riding mentor is most definitely invaluable. I have the most patient riding mentor on the planet...so if yours is even HALF as good as mine...you'll be great!!

Stay safe & have fun!
:rider:

:welcome: and may I say that I love your bike. :thumb:

Good luck in the search for a riding partner.

That is the most valuable asset a new rider can have.

Thanks everyone. If you know of anyone in the San Marcos Area please shoot them a message and have them contact me. I would love to meet an experienced rider. Thanks again!

-a

I am in San Marcos also...but I ride a dual sport so a lot of my riding is on dirt...

Nice to see another San Marcos resident on here...

I have no experience in group riding though...so I am by no means a completely experience rider yet....

Welcome.. Dallasite here and a new rider too,Got me a Harley Sporster 883 three weeks ago and will be taking my Motorcyle Safety Course on Tuesday and Wednesday..Heed all the good advice you are getting practice practice practice untill everything is second nature to you. I am doing exactly that right now but the over 100degree days we are having is not helping at all.

Just finished the motorcycle riding class Sunday afternoon. I can relate to the hot weather and riding conditions. I had a blast. So I took my bike out for a test run last night. That sucker is powerful. I can't wait to actually get it out on the highway and go for a good distance. Riding around the neighborhood is fun and all but I would like to get into 6th gear and have no children crossing the street in front of me. :-P

Just finished the motorcycle riding class Sunday afternoon. I can relate to the hot weather and riding conditions. I had a blast. So I took my bike out for a test run last night. That sucker is powerful. I can't wait to actually get it out on the highway and go for a good distance. Riding around the neighborhood is fun and all but I would like to get into 6th gear and have no children crossing the street in front of me.

Did you take the course out on Hwy 21?

From what I understand it is THE best MSF site in the State because it was built from the ground up for driving test.

And the fact that it isn't a dealership or in the parking lot of store is nice meaning almost no distractions....

Welcome to the site. I'm not in San Marcos but close (SW Austin). I know there are some San Marcos riders on the board.

I took my class in Elgin off hwy 95. It was the Bastrop motorcycle training course. I had a blast. I can't believe how much they can fit into two days of training. Last night I went out again for over an hour this time cruised at about 75 - 80. It was nice. Again, I forget how much power my bike has. Had to hold on pretty **** good while accelerating at some points. All my gear fits great and works fine. Think I will have to wear my contacts instead of my glasses. My glasses are giving me a blind spot where the lens ends in my periphal(sp?) vision area. Anyone else experience this? I have to crank my head farther to see behind me. My mirrors work fine but I really like to look before I get over.

Not in San Marcos (way South actually), but thought Id say welcome and groovy ride dude. :thumb:

Back