• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone in the Houston Area Have a Transalp 750?

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Transalp 750 but would like to ride one before making up my mind. It wouldn't be a one way street, you ride my T7 while I ride your Transalp. I know it's a lot to ask of someone to let me ride their bike but figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm considering buying a Transalp 750 but would like to ride one before making up my mind. It wouldn't be a one way street, you ride my T7 while I ride your Transalp. I know it's a lot to ask of someone to let me ride their bike but figured I'd give it a shot.
Been watching Adam Riemann videos?

I personally know two guys that have one here in the Houston area. One frequents this forum, the other doesn't.

I've narrowed it down to the 24' AT or 24' Tiger 900 Rally Pro! I kinda like the Tiger 900 GT Pro too but all the reviewers I've seen said they prefer the Rally Pro even if they were going to ride predominantly street!
Those are both nice. The triumphs look pretty good to me and I love my Africa Twin.

The ATAS now has less suspension travel and a 19" front tire although both ATs have tubeless rims now. Honda redesigned the ATAS for what most people use it for which is predominantly on road. Considering the GS has had a 19" front for a long time, I don't see that being an issue. Torque was increased slightly for low end grunt but HP remains the same. You can still run regular unleaded in the ATs too due to the lower compression ratio.

The Rally Pro basically comes with all the accessories and more HP in a lighter package but has a higher compression ratio so it will require super.

I think it will boil down to which one is more comfortable for long distances. I doubt either would be a ride to South America bike for me so......

I had an AT (albeit the previous 1000cc version/2017) and I now have a 1250 GSA (granted I just recently picked it up). I previously had an 890 Adventure R as well and I have looked at the Tiger 900 too as I have owned a few Triumphs over the years. Of those two you're considering I'd lean towards the Triumph, it's a fantastic bike in that segment and even though the Honda might be slightly more reliable (really just splitting hairs here) I think you'd enjoy the better overall performance characteristics of the Tiger, the triple is a special motor. The new ATAS is definitely taking more of a GS/A approach to how they are setup and I think it'll work well for most just as the Beamers have for 40 years now, but the 21/18 wheel bikes definitely take the cake off-road.

Back