• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas

Old school flea collars around your boot ankles and you’ll never see a tick . When your done for the day put them in a ziplock for next time . Good for a couple years that way . And stay away from the fuzzy cows .

I am heading up to the Eureka Springs area for a 4-day three night get away, camping at the Dam Site campgrounds. Meeting up with two brothers and a nephew, we are going to ride the area for three days, can't wait. We are going May 5-8, would love to have some more bikes. Sorry we stay on the black top.

Looks like my plan to ride to Arkansas just got closer to happening. My brothers bile is way smaller than mine, and he has trouble keeping up on highways, so he does the I don't know thing about going on long rides. he changed that Saturday. We were on a trip to Galveston and we stopped off in a bike shop to kill some time and a decided he couldn't leave without a near mint Dyna Wide Glide. So hes went from a 50 to a 103 in in about 20 minutes of paperwork. Now hes pumped and ready for a ride.

That is awesome, he will never go back down in size once he has that under him. Great riding weather is right around the corner!

FYI, the refs are ruining the NFL. Just my thoughts

Yeah...sitting on the ground in the Ozarks will lead to a couple weeks of some very socially awkward scratching. :oops:

Old school flea collars around your boot ankles and you’ll never see a tick . When your done for the day put them in a ziplock for next time . Good for a couple years that way . And stay away from the fuzzy cows .
Old school collars are different than modern ones? Huh?

I need in on one of these weekends. Starting a new job and not going to have any vacation time for a while, need to get dirty when I can.

I've started making general plans. I'll detail them out better as time goes on. It looks like my brother will be going for sure. We discussed the trip details yesterday evening, and came up with since we're going to ride into Little Rock, just to say we have, we might as well go on over into Memphis, just to say we've been there and to ride into another state. While we were looking, we saw Sun Studios highlighted on the map next to a cool looking soul food restaurant. We like to find different places like that so both of these got added to our list for sure. As well as ta stop by the BB King concert hall. We can just do a picture outside and that will be fine. Graceland is near there so we'll go by there too. We can just decide on the spot of we do a tour. And so while we're there, we might as well go south and ride into Mississippi. That would give us 4 states to ride through and possibly 5 if we catch Louisiana. And that would being my total up to 7 states that i have ridden to when we are done.

Rabbit trail: I got back into riding a couple of years ago. And I like Texas history so I started riding to historic Texas places, with connections to the Sam Houston family and then onto more Texas historic places. Texas has had a lot of flags, so I started adding different Texas flags to my jacket, then as I started getting into other states, I'm putting those state flags on my jacket. Each flag gets more challenging to obtain, and with this trip complete, I'll have 12 maybe flags on my jacket in total. And of course memories of the rides along with history I've learned along the way.

I'm really starting to look forward to this ride. It's looking like it will work up to be 5 days and 4 nights on the road and will probably surpass 1500 miles.

Last edited:
Back