• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Battleship Texas

Wait till the next hurricane comes through town , not like they can untie it and drag it up the ditch out of harms way or go to deep water and ride it out like most ships do

Wait till the next hurricane comes through town , not like they can untie it and drag it up the ditch out of harms way or go to deep water and ride it out like most ships do
Your right about hurricanes (anything can happen. Nothing like a 30-foot storm surge to ruin your day.), but I 🤔 they partially submerge the ship into the muck and ballast the **** out of these ships that are museum pieces, along with lots of permanent moorings to help in the matter.

Seems like I heard that about the Lexington in Corpus Christi.

Along the Texas coast there are not any other locations that make a better choice than Galveston.
More visitors to Galveston than any other Texas coastal location; cruise ships
Houston is less than an hour away: fourth largest US city, served by two international airports.

It’s just a matter of picking the best available spot on the island for it.
Well hopefully it being in Galveston (Seawolf park) will up its visitors and associated revenues. I would note that Seawolf Park is only 34 miles away (as the crow flies) from its San Jacinto berth. And it’s further away from Houston than San Jacinto. But Galveston is a better tourist spot than San Jacinto.

Maybe by Moody Gardens.

Interesting, the Navy insignia on that gear, both ends of the serial number!

354218532_10219247718663042_2918249436866165851_n-1536x1152.jpg

Wow, it's gonna be expensive to visit but it's in a prime location now.
"featuring interactive and technology-driven exhibits, augmented reality, holograms, guided tours, and integrations with cell phones. Additionally, the Texas will be climate-controlled for year-round access and will offer expanded visitor amenities."

Yessir, wrong thread...
Presumably, NASA's bronco has been seen flying around Brownsville and the western Gulf of Mexico. More good news for a upcoming test.
08-542.jpg

NASA Variant ⬆️
Cool old Vietnamese era warbird

Thanks to US veterans on this Nov 11.

Last edited:
Future Bronco? Cheaper platforms, smarter weapons?
Wiki...
OV-10XProposed version for the USAF's Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance contract. In 2009 Boeing put together plans internally to build a modernized, improved version of the Bronco, called the OV-10X,[59] to satisfy a possible Air Force requirement for a light attack plane.[60] According to Pentagon and industry officials, while the aircraft would maintain much of its 1960s-vintage rugged external design, modernizations would include a computerized glass cockpit, intelligence sensors and smart bomb-dropping capabilities. Boeing indicated in 2009 that international interest in restarting production is growing, to compete with other light attack aircraft such as the T-6B Texan II, A-67 Dragon and EMB 314 Super Tucano.[citation needed]

His remarks about the size on the pier reminded me of peoples reactions coming through the B-17. "We thought it was so much bigger!"

It would be neat to have a split screen same angle view of before/after. She is looking spiffy…

One benefit of not looking in on this for some time, is seeing this video and being completely blown away. Just wow.

wonder if they coordinated gun fires, e.g. how much ship rolll was induced when firing perpendicular to the gunwale. I would think they wouldn't want them firing simultaneously?

Back