• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blizzard of 2011

Now, that's a snowdrift.

I wonder why the guys jumping off the roof hit the ground running, and who was trying to catch them?

When I was a kid we lived in Luxemborg, Germany, and one winter people kept knocking on the door of our 3rd floor apartment wanting to exit the building through our livingroom window. Snow had drifted up that high, then it warmed a bit and laid down a couple inches of ice on top of the drift. Tons of fun for a 7-year old with a cardboard box.

When I pulled into the parking lot this morning around 7:30, I was the only bike there. At noon there were about 30 bikes and for the first time that I know about, dual sport bikes out numbered sport bikes, cruisers and standards combined. I knew when Yamaha came out with the DT back in the '60s that DS would become popular. It just took longer than I thought.

Back