• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brand New 2013 Tiger 800XC WAY TOO HOT - taking it back.

sorry but I have to keep this thread going by asking a question. The pics of the bike in post 270, is that a garage the bike is in?

yeah no doubt. makes my garage look like a dump. oh wait, nevermind. it is a dump for all my wife's stuff.....

I am almost as excited about seeing that garage as I am about getting my new bike.

Well the heat is my problem now! Tom, I am going to call you at 114 miles on the ODO and see if you will take it back. ;)

Seriously though. I am surprised how many people became so heavily invested in this topic when only one person was actually invested. I am very happy though. I got a great deal!

Glad you can stand the "heat." Looks like the other guy had to get outta the kitchen! :lol2:

Here's a new perspective, from a dealer. Was hanging around Rpm Cycles today waiting for my street triple abs recall fix. Discussed this with them. Their perspective, not registered, unhappy buyer, only 8 additional miles like a test drive, would have not accepted the $1,000 offer, would have taken the bike back and put customer in another bike. It's all about who you chose to do business with.

sorry but I have to keep this thread going by asking a question. The pics of the bike in post 270, is that a garage the bike is in?

My wife does not like my collections in the house, my office is now full, and since I have been nosing around for an old collector car for some time now - a new garage was in order? :shrug: Well, sounded reasonable to me anyway.

Here's a new perspective, from a dealer. Was hanging around Rpm Cycles today waiting for my street triple abs recall fix. Discussed this with them. Their perspective, not registered, unhappy buyer, only 8 additional miles like a test drive, would have not accepted the $1,000 offer, would have taken the bike back and put customer in another bike. It's all about who you chose to do business with.

What time were you there? I swung by to talk to Aleks in the service department about noon or so.

I was there fromm 11 to 12:45. I was the 60ish white haired guy with glasses moving about the bikes. You must have been the guy that set your helmet and tank bag next to Wades's desk. Red short hair? Great bunch of guys and dealership.

My wife does not like my collections in the house, my office is now full, and since I have been nosing around for an old collector car for some time now - a new garage was in order? :shrug: Well, sounded reasonable to me anyway.

What type of classic? Nifty 50's, early 60's or muscle cars?

I was there fromm 11 to 12:45. I was the 60ish white haired guy with glasses moving about the bikes. You must have been the guy that set your helmet and tank bag next to Wades's desk. Red short hair? Great bunch of guys and dealership.

I just read your sig. Think you were the guy that was looking at the tbird. Heard you say you had a sprint.

Carl Diehl, the owner of BMW Motorcycles North Dallas, surprised me with a call today.

Quite unexpected, he apologized for the problem and offered to reimburse me for all monetary losses and then some. :sun:
This is the first time I have talked to him.

Thought everyone should know this. He did not have to do that.
It was a very pleasant surprise. ;-)

Tom

What type of classic? Nifty 50's, early 60's or muscle cars?

Next week, I am going to look at a Blue 1969 Chevelle convertible, 396, 4spd, white top and interior. Also a 66 Mustang fastback, 4spd, K-code.

Trying to find something that I will enjoy that will also be an investment and be of interest to several groups of collectors. Always wanted an old car to fuss over, but having a hard time finding one.

Other cars I have thought about: 57-60 Corvette maybe, 67-69 Camaro convertible, big block mustang of same era, I don't know.. Boss 302? I don't know. 4spd of course. Will know when I see it I guess. No big hurry.

Carl Diehl, the owner of BMW Motorcycles North Dallas, surprised me with a call today.

Quite unexpected, he apologized for the problem and offered to reimburse me for all monetary losses and then some. :sun:

Tom

That is good news!

Other cars I have thought about: 57-60 Corvette maybe, 67-69 Camaro convertible, big block mustang of same era, I don't know.. Boss 302? I don't know. 4spd of course. Will know when I see it I guess. No big hurry.

'67 Camaro! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

My first classic was a '70 Boss 302 I got the mid '90's. All original paint interior. I restored and sold it. Then bought a '68 Chevelle SS 396 L78 (solid lifter conservatively rated at 375 hp. Had an M21 4 spd. Made some very nice improvements to that. Hotchkis suspension, ceramic coated headers and exhaust. Sold that and got a beautifully restored 55 Chevy sport coupe with disc brakes, a/c, power steering. 350/300 hp with auto and wide whites. My last restoration was a '69 mustang super cobrajet. It's a period correct 428 but not original. So I built it to 565 hp. I took every nut and bolt off that car and it's nice. But I've lost the fire. Haven't really driven the Mustang except around the block a few times since I finished it 3yrs ago. And haven't started it or the 55 in a year. I do have non ethanol gas in the tanks though.

Tom

As a skeptic, probably got wind of all the bad press he was getting here. That being said that's great news. Way to go. I love it when things turn out good.

Next week, I am going to look at a Blue 1969 Chevelle convertible, 396, 4spd, white top and interior. Also a 66 Mustang fastback, 4spd, K-code.

Trying to find something that I will enjoy that will also be an investment and be of interest to several groups of collectors. Always wanted an old car to fuss over, but having a hard time finding one.

So no bike? :rider:

Tom

So, did you then at least "break even"?

As a skeptic, probably got wind of all the bad press he was getting here. That being said that's great news. Way to go. I love it when things turn out good.

I'm the skeptic too. If it's not true then either he waited this long to rectify a problem, or now that the deal is said and done and the bike is gone, NOW the sales guy and manager tell the owner?

WRONG - looking for a bike. Will start looking again soon.

Yes, plus a little more. He actually insisted on some extra money to cover my many trips up there.

Let me know if you need any help locating a cycle.

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, but ...

This modification was posted in a Tiger 800 thread on ADV in regard to folks getting the hot leg:

"Get your bike plugged into Tuneecu and you can alter the temperature the fan comes on. Mine is now set at 95 degrees (Std. is 103C) and the heat is much more bearable."

Notice they are using Celsius if you make this change.

That's changing from cycling the fan on when coolant temp is at 221 F (stock) to it coming on at 203 F instead. The fan might come on more often, but the breeze off the fan will be a little cooler.

Hope the suggestion helps anyone else who experiences this.

Back