• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cancelled due to rain - ET200 (East Texas 200) on Saturday, May 13, 2023

Reaction score
Planning to ride the ET200 on Saturday, May 13. The ride starts and ends in Kountze, Texas. There is no support for this ride. Notionally, kick stands up in Kountze at 8:30 AM, but maybe earlier. I have not ridden this route before, but I have heard great things about it. I have ridden the ET450 two day ride. If you ride, plan on sand. However, there are plenty of asphalt streets if you need to bail out because of the sand.

Kountze is 85 miles NE of downtown Houston. So, this will be a close to 400 mile day if you plan on coming from Houston and do it in one day.

You can read about this route using the following thread. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/setex-200.112289/

1683062464928.png

GPX viewer

Attachments

• SETX200--2023-v2.gpx
    783.4 KB · Views: 56
I rode a 300 mile route last weekend that included most of the 200. There is a closed road that they are paving that required a re-route.

I'll look at the track this afternoon and give you a temporary track to follow.

I wouldn't overwrite the old file, because the bypass is all paved, but this will get you through.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• SETEX 200 2023 edit.gpx
    169.8 KB · Views: 77
Given the rain expected in East Texas today, I would say this ride is looking unlikely. The rain could pack the sand down nicely or it could turn it to a slippery mud festival. My guess is it is looking like a slippery mud festival.

I have seen sections where the EXC's struggled and needed help (big bikes turned around). I have seen front tires get covered with a sticky dirt mixed with pine needles that complete encased front tires and took the rider down (had to peel it off the front tire in stirps).

Hey, this is a fun route and this is why I like adventure riding.

That's sounds more like dirt bike riding on a not-so-fun day than adventure riding to me. I once lost my kickstarter on an IT465 while stuck in mud in a deep ravine in the famous Hollister Hills Riding Park out in CA. Had to have a jeep come and winch my bike up the hill. I hate mud.

Reactions: JMZ
Planning to ride the ET200 on Saturday, May 13. The ride starts and ends in Kountze, Texas. There is no support for this ride. Notionally, kick stands up in Kountze at 8:30 AM, but maybe earlier. I have not ridden this route before, but I have heard great things about it. I have ridden the ET450 two day ride. If you ride, plan on sand. However, there are plenty of asphalt streets if you need to bail out because of the sand.

Kountze is 85 miles NE of downtown Houston. So, this will be a close to 400 mile day if you plan on coming from Houston and do it in one day.

You can read about this route using the following thread. https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/setex-200.112289/

View attachment 347961

GPX viewer
That red marker on the map is confusing, far far north of Kountze. What does it represent?

Given the rain expected in East Texas today, I would say this ride is looking unlikely. The rain could pack the sand down nicely or it could turn it to a slippery mud festival. My guess is it is looking like a slippery mud festival.

I have seen sections where the EXC's struggled and needed help (big bikes turned around). I have seen front tires get covered with a sticky dirt mixed with pine needles that complete encased front tires and took the rider down (had to peel it off the front tire in stirps).

Hey, this is a fun route and this is why I like adventure riding.
I was close to that area today, torrential rain for hours.

Back