• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CANX - JUNE 24... JENS VIRGIN RUN - GRANBURY TX

Reaction score
OK, so the wife's bike is ready.. She wants to ride...So I have made up a 164 mile route that goes directly west of Granbury TX. I am looking for any and all support to provide me backup and encouragement. :giveup::giveup:

The starting point is at a friends house. He has sixteen acres to park trailers on if you want to come. I am planning on a departure time of 8am....as always...and the return time should be around 1 or 2pm if all goes well.

I am uploading the Google File and the GPX file below for your GPS.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE JOINING US. I wont leave without you if I know you are coming....unlike the other rides..:lol2:

Paul if you want to come...let me know I have a spot on the trailer and we can lift hers into the back of the truck.

Last edited:
Re: JUNE 24... JENS VIRGIN RUN - GRANBURY TX

Sylvie and I where hoping to join for this ride with our 17 year old daughter, but it's too far away to join by 8:00am. Was hoping that having a few more ladies would give Jen some moral support!! Have a great ride.

Gary

Awe Gary,
Its not far at all...Its only 1 hour from where we live, and you can park your trailer...in fact you can meet us early and follow us down..we will leave from Irving. I have been wanting Jen to meet Sylvie for a while..it would be a great motivator and inspiration. Please reconsider and join us!. I really would like your support since its her first ride on this bike....and you have alot experience on it.
I will adjust the time as needed to get you and sylvie to go..
Chris

Chris, let me talk to the ladies, if for this one ride you could delay the start to 9:00am we could make it, it takes us almost 2 hours to get to Granbury, so for an 8:00am start we have to leave around 5:30am and we just can't do that early!! If you could delay the start to 9:00am for this one ride, we could leave around 6:30am and I think I can twist a few arms to make that happen.. Sorry to be so awkward.

Regards Gary

Well, I can do that. You give me a commitment and I will make the change.

Chris

Just had lunch with Sylvie & Rebecca and got a commitment!! If you can delay the start to 9:00am they agree to be there for the ride!! :) Hows that for blackmail!! :)

Gary

last time I rode 107 in Erath there was some deep sand in a few spots.

If it's dry be ready

I just responded to your North Texas thread. As I said there I have a new to me Tenere. I was actually planning on riding the route you all did a few weeks back sometime, but would prefer to ride with others. Is this going to be Big Bike friendly? I have not even talked to my wife about plans for this Saturday so not even sure I could make it.

Oh god, sorry Chris, I thought this was the 24th July, not 24th June. I just had lunch with Sylvie and Rebecca and put them on a plane to France for 3 weeks, they won't be back until July.. really sorry but we can't make it for 24th June.. my bad. They will definitely make the July ride. Really sorry for the mistake.

Gary

RATS!!!
Jen was looking forward to meeting your wife... Darn it.

Yes Dog, this will be big bike friendly. Here is the new route.. I looked at the roads and this makes for a more interesting ride.

Bikes stand up at 8am at the beginning point on the gpx file which is in Grandbury. This is 160 mile run exploring the western side of Lipan..
Since my friends house is the meeting point there is plenty of room for a trailer if you bring one. He has given the OK to park there.

Here are the new files.

PLEASE ANYONE JOINING US....LET ME KNOW

Attachments

• JensVirginRun2.gpx
    357.7 KB · Views: 228
  • JensVirginRun2.kmz
    20.4 KB · Views: 162

Good deal. As of right now I don't have anything planned so I will see you at 8am on Saturday. I look forward to meeting you. I will be riding up. I will PM you my phone number.

Re: JUNE 25... JENS VIRGIN RUN - GRANBURY TX

Saturday looks like thunderstorms. So we are going to change to Sunday..same spot...bikes stand up at 8am.

been raining here since 4.30 pretty steady might be high water and sloppy sunday also.i am sure ole cleatus j will chime in shortly .

Well had another friend chime in as well and the conditions dont look good..
So I am going to cancel this run and save it for another day.

Also I have been watching the weather and the thunderstorms for that area are going to continue until monday sometime.

So again the ride for tomorrow has been canceled until another day.

Dont forget the next scheduled ride is July 15th leaving from Bonham Tx.

Chris

My yard is flowing bankers and am very sure some of those known low spots on the route will be churned up well by the locals and well trucks.

I am going to check my local creeks for depth with the Beta. Wish me always up on the pegs.

Back