• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chuck, my best friend.

Man, this is so disheartening to hear; love that guy. Really sucks we can't go see him either. Please be sure to pass on that we are all praying for him and rooting for his recovery. Thanks too for the updates, Joe.

Man, this is so disheartening to hear; love that guy. Really sucks we can't go see him either. Please be sure to pass on that we are all praying for him and rooting for his recovery. Thanks too for the updates, Joe.
It's so sad sick folks have to be alone in hospital. We just lost our sweet neighbor Friday. Breaks my heart she passed alone.

Joe, do you have a pic of your friend? I understand if you feel the need for his privacy. Dam this virus !

So sad to hear that your friend is going through this. Chuck is in my thoughts.

Joe, do you have a pic of your friend? I understand if you feel the need for his privacy. Dam this virus !

Here is a photo I posted of him in the "Let's see your very best photo" thread.
CY3ch52Oeiv3BoCaYBl3OCD4wc=w847-h635-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks and still praying for him. I hope you and the wife are still doing great!

Wow Joe, this is the first time I’ve seen this thread. I’m so sorry to hear this. I know you two have had a lot of great adventures together. I’ll be praying for both of you, and his family. Hopefully he is on the mend.

Chuck has improved over the last two days. They have removed him from the ventilator, though he continues to require oxygen. He also continues to fight infection. He is weak, fatigued but alert. The hospital support staff are delighted to see his improvements. It sounds like it will be a while yet before he has recovered enough to leave the hospital, but this all seems like good progress.

Glad he’s making progress Joe! He’ll be read to ride Tanzania next with you next spring. Positive thoughts. :thumb:

I thought I would just post what his wife, Karen, wrote yesterday. "My strong husband is feeling very weak but he is fighting. I told him of all your encouragement and prayers. So so grateful I can post this photo. He remains in the COVID ICU until he can function with less oxygen. He will the be move to another COVID unit. He has not been able to eat with the large oxygen flow he must have. I’ve promised him Blue Bell Vanilla and peach pie, his favorites."

Wtwr7JHsTLFS_tB7gTOTgCPKEQ=w508-h530-no?authuser=0.jpg

Me posting this picture will MOST likely get him PO'ed. But that's ok, as long as he is PO'ed, I will know it's the same old dude! Get well Chuck.

LOL, yeah, not his most flattering shot; I'd be PO'ed too! Thanks for sharing though, Joe, and keep the positive thoughts going. Chuck's a fighter, and he'll be better soon enough :thumb:

LOL, yeah, not his most flattering shot; I'd be PO'ed too! Thanks for sharing though, Joe, and keep the positive thoughts going. Chuck's a fighter, and he'll be better soon enough :thumb:

Relax dude, I have some unflattering photos of you too! And I am prepared to use them. :) LOL. Thanks for the comment Rob. Yeah, he's a fighter, and an argue'er, and just an all round ornery guy. But he is my best friend, so I guess I have to be pulling for him too.

haven't been here in days, and that was a rough ride reading.
here's hoping y'all get chewed out bigtime by him real soon. :thumb:

Glad to see him slowly improving, prayers for continued healing. I am very lucky I didn't get that ill with it. I think he looks great.

Back