• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

laidback said:
I'll be there.

Hey, what is HamWed?

Hamburger Wednesday at the Angleton Ice House. Huge turn out of a variety of bikes. Here's an example... Hamwed pictures. It's the last Wed. of every month. A few of us that come to the Clear Lake bike night try to make it down there. Easy trip for me, as I work between Alvin and Angleton.

Someone will likely post a reminder next week.

I missed last week's, we were ready to go, then KLR gremlins struck, in the form of sidestand safety switch. The bike would start, but as soon as you let the clutch out it would die. Then once that was under control the wifus decided we needed to go see her parents in shoreacres first. We ended up at the Taco Cabana at 9pm. No one was at the garden by the time we rolled up. Outta town this week though.....

fallendown said:
...then KLR gremlins struck.....

Guess we'll se you next go around. Anyhow, I'm superstious about gremlins:shock: . Another KLR owner (DaKingMan) came by for a visit. I swear, DS and FJRs are taking over the Clear Lake area.:giveup:

Next week is Hamburger Wednesday, and several of us plan to trek to Angleton if you're up to it.

If I am home by then I'll give it a shot, I'm in Clayton working right now......Clayton Tx, not Oklahoma.....I was so excited when they first called me too........visions of watercrossings dancing in my head......

Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday 6/7/06

Now that the :storm: monsoons have left us, anybody going this week? I will be there.

the bicycle races are the Memorial Park Criterium series that runs for 12 weeks each Wednesday starting tonight.

Cat 4,5 guys start at 5:50 pm and the Pro, 1,2,3 start at 7:00 pm. Fast action on a great course to watch. Usually around 50-70 racers each race.

I used to race the Cat 3 until I had my little "procedure" a couple of years ago. Man, that was fast and exciting.

FJRMike said:
forgot to mention I will be on the Sport Bike Wednesday.

Que es "Sport Bike"???????? Guess I should probably catch up on unread posts.

I will be there.

Nice group of fourteen riders met last night - a new record high. We had three women, including a newbie who had only been riding a week, on a 250 Rebel.

Everything from the 250 Rebel to Ducati Paso to Moto Guzi Stone and a couple of cruisers. Even had an '81 Honda 750 Custom, that we had to bump-start. Of course there were even some "generic" Yamaha Sport-Touring bikes, without hard bags mounted.

Photo_061406_003.jpg

If this keeps up we're gonna need to find a bigger place. Great to see everyone last night.

sorry i missed it again... do you guys ever meet anywhere on the weekends.. same place just different day???

It was nice meeting new people last night. Also, thanks to Jocelyn for the help!

Back