• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

Never seen one and I have no idea what they are worth but seems kinda cool.

Edit: just so y'all don't think I'm insane, I think $11,000 is too high. But I don't actually know what they're worth...

1699550395925.png

Last edited:
Yep. I'm thinking $3K is way high. But, as Mr Fields said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well, certainly $3K is not way high. It would be a screaming deal at $3K. Probably worth close to that in unrestored/original/non-running condition. $11K would be pretty ambitious. I bet it gets $7K, but I bet it takes a couple of years of selling to find the right buyer.

This one is semi-collectible with lots of customization/modifications which will be worth a mint to someone but are worthless or even detrimental to most buyers.

Pay up then. Thats still over my sensibilities. Lipstick on a little pig in my book having fed them. Ive owned one...bought street side in mint condition, 1100 miles in 1994 for $ 450 and was well loved after that. Great example of a classic hand grenade wannabe.

Jeeze... Didn't realize a shared post would be so entertaining.

For the record, I have no idea what they're worth but I know it's not 11,000. And it's not a bike I would want to own. Just thought others might find it interesting. It does look cool.

Lol.

As much as I like 2 stokes from that era, I'd much rather pay $3500 for that as opposed to $11k for that other bike.

Back in the 70s when I lived in Lafayette, La, a friend's neighbor had a similar year but was a 125. That guy was like Doug Domokos Jr.; his front wheel rarely touched the ground and I doubt he ever wore out a front tire.

Probably overpriced, but neat little Honda...

View attachment 368428
This is a '75, but my very first bike was the same, just a '74 model. It was the beautiful copper/black color and I loved that bike. It survived numerous years of abuse from myself, and my three brothers and never missed a beat. When my wife started riding, I did a search to find one. It was half for her, half for the nostalgia for me, LOL. She "evolved" to scooters however, and also has a (now) street legal CRF125, so that search came to an abrupt halt. While this looks like a very nice example, I think it is still way too overpriced, but hey, to each his own, right?

Just think how jealous those scooters would be sitting next to a real motorcycle.
LOL, I guess they hold their own, as we enjoy riding both. I much prefer a motorcycle over a scooter, but they have their own charm for sure. Plus, the wife likes them, so it gives us a chance to ride together. We tried the scooters on the spring tiddler run, but the potholes about wore here out, so she went back to the 125 dual sport for the fall one we just did, and enjoyed it a lot more. Just gotta have the right tool for the job :rider:

How about this? Guy up in amarillo has a gray market RGV250 for sale. 60hp 2-stroke v-twin we never had the pleasure of getting here in the states, right? So of course I click on the ad. That's got to be the "interesting" thing in the ad, right? You guys tell me what all you see.

How about this? Guy up in amarillo has a gray market RGV250 for sale. 60hp 2-stroke v-twin we never had the pleasure of getting here in the states, right? So of course I click on the ad. That's got to be the "interesting" thing in the ad, right? You guys tell me what all you see.

Well he has a shop with not so common transportation. One being an Amphicar
1699913909073.png

A friend sent me this and I REALLY contemplated buying it, but I am holding off for now. Thought I'd pass it on.

These are great bikes. I had a blue Steamer. A guy from Alaska bought my old one, flew in and went to Terlingua on it before eventually heading back to Alaska.

I even dig the aftermarket paint job on this one.

NOT MINE...but seemed like a nice guy based on FB messenger exchanges as well. I think he has a similar toy collection problem!

$2300 OBO

1700692522414.png

Back