• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Desert Sledin Dummies Thumpin Utah

I hear he masked over black...
1699906502651.png

Here is my update with pic. Nails are still intact. They have turned some beautiful shades of black, purple and red. But I guess you guys don't get to see it.

1699906786041.png

Here is my update with pic. Nails are still intact. They have turned some beautiful shades of black, purple and red. But I guess you guys don't get to see it.

View attachment 368723
Keep flashing that around and they'll start asking for you by name!!!
"Go get the Gimp.'

We need an update on Lickety....with a pic of him up and getting around. Am I right?
You did not say it couldn't be my backside. :lol2:

Six weeks post op. First time on the 350 since Dead Cow.
It won't be long before I take it for a run down the street.

I can finally sleep on my side which is starting to restore my sanity, if I ever had any. I can also sit in most chairs and bend my leg again. I'm not a big fan of the screws in my knee but I suspect it will get better as they set in. I spend most of my time being bored and frustrated but I'm making good progress. I cannot wait until the first Spring time ride.

Where are those videos Grape...

Attachments

• IMG_2088.00_00_12_02.Still002.jpg
    IMG_2088.00_00_12_02.Still002.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
You did not say it couldn't be my backside. :lol2:

Six weeks post op. First time on the 350 since Dead Cow.
View attachment 369714

View attachment 369715
It won't be long before I take it for a run down the street.

I can finally sleep on my side which is starting to restore my sanity, if I ever had any. I can also sit in most chairs and bend my leg again. I'm not a big fan of the screws in my knee but I suspect it will get better as they set in. I spend most of my time being bored and frustrated but I'm making good progress. I cannot wait until the first Spring time ride.

Where are those videos Grape...
I’m glad to see good progress.
Your sanity is definitely in question…You have multiple motorcycles and if that’s not enough the company your keeping should solidify any doubts.

I no longer need crutches to get around! 🍺

So, I am posting a few stragglers and a video from this trip.

IMG_2022.jpg

The first day out, at this point, the eclipse is about half way across the sun. It was doing some interesting things to the photos.

IMG_2025.jpg

Later on that day, taking a much needed sand break under some cottonwoods.

IMG_2031.jpg

A little later, taking a break before descending into the tubes.

IMG_2042.jpg

Our camp site with the Green River cliffs in background.

IMG_2046.jpg

It was a lot darker than this photo shows. That is the Tubes exit.

IMG_2047.jpg

Another view of the Green River cliffs from our camp site.

Enjoying the camp fire

I think I would have brought a dirty t-shirt to sit down on....
Or steal one of Steves.

Agree, glad to see you able to get around without the crutches, they freaking suck. Were you not able to use one of those scooter things? When I messed up my Achilles tendon I tried crutches first but that sucked so I transitioned myself to the kneeling scooter and found a lot of new ways to hurt myself.

I think I would have brought a dirty t-shirt to sit down on....
Thanks JT!

I got laughed at for using one of those fold up sitting pads. 😉

Or steal one of Steves.

Agree, glad to see you able to get around without the crutches, they freaking suck. Were you not able to use one of those scooter things? When I messed up my Achilles tendon I tried crutches first but that sucked so I transitioned myself to the kneeling scooter and found a lot of new ways to hurt myself.
Thanks Jasen! I thought about it but went from a walker to two crutches, to one crutch, to none. Oddly, my brain is still telling me to limp but I can actually walk, albeit slowly. I am having to learn to train my brain as well which is weird.

Last edited:
Back