• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dia dhuit (Hello) from an Irish rider in Houston!

The draft Guinness here in the US is nothing like the silky smooth heaven I enjoyed in Ireland. Plus the bartenders here don't know how to properly pour Guinness into the glass; there's a proper and subtle art to doing it right.
At proper Irish pubs, even here in Texas, there's usually at least one bartender who can pour a pint of the black stuff well. But it still doesn't taste the same as home!

How ya? Possess a wee tad of the Blarney meself! :welcome:
Thanks for your welcome, Dave! What's the craic?

If in Houston go to Pimlico Irish Pub, the Guinness is sublime!

My favorite Irish pub!
Pimlico is good alright, just a few mins down the road from me! Also partial to Kenneallys here in Houston for their Irish Nachos and Shamrock Special pizza! Plus I bartended there myself so I know the staff and regulars!

Curses, now I'm needin' a boxty! :eat:
Ugh, I also need some boxty! Might have to make some soon!

and if you’ve had enough Guinness…

Blasphemy! Ye can never have enough Guinness!

Ah well old son velkommen to texas!
lived in dundrum d14 for 8 years! Last time on the rock was 2006.
lots of great riding out my way
Thanks for your welcome, Martin! Good ol` Dundrum shopping center! I bet you're spoiled for choice out west there in Hill Country alright!

At proper Irish pubs, even here in Texas, there's usually at least one bartender who can pour a pint of the black stuff well. But it still doesn't taste the same as home!

Pimlico is good alright, just a few mins down the road from me! Also partial to Kenneallys here in Houston for their Irish Nachos and Shamrock Special pizza! Plus I bartended there myself so I know the staff and regulars!

Ugh, I also need some boxty! Might have to make some soon!

Blasphemy! Ye can never have enough Guinness!

Thanks for your welcome, Martin! Good ol` Dundrum shopping center! I bet you're spoiled for choice out west there in Hill Country alright!
Good to know! I’ll keep your recommendation in mind! I’ve been to Kenneallys a few times. It’s right up the road not too far from where I live.

Last edited:
Yes, all in my back garden!
lived in ardilea. Yes remember dundrum center.
used to ride at mondello early 70’s
last time over had not had a pint of Guinness in 32 years.
ohdang that first one was amazing! In black rock co Louth!
guiness is not good for you! You drink it you get drunk you fall down
I drank a LOT that weekend

Welcome along, enjoy the bikes, those TU250's are great bikes.
Clear Lake area myself, also an imported Texan, hope to catch up with you along the way.

It's a wonderful day, sir. I woke up! Hope all is well out your way.

hughes-coat-of-arms-large.jpg

Remembering the island
not political, but Biden did go to knock! Only the Irish will know!

Last edited:
Yes, all in my back garden!
lived in ardilea. Yes remember dundrum center.
used to ride at mondello early 70’s
last time over had not had a pint of Guinness in 32 years.
ohdang that first one was amazing! In black rock co Louth!
guiness is not good for you! You drink it you get drunk you fall down
I drank a LOT that weekend
Oh, I must definitely try and ride Mondello the next back I'm back on the ol' sod!
Blackrock, Louth?! I know it well! I was born and raised in the adjoining town of Dundalk!

Welcome along, enjoy the bikes, those TU250's are great bikes.
Clear Lake area myself, also an imported Texan, hope to catch up with you along the way.
Thanks for your welcome, Mike! Yeah, the TU has been great to learn on! I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point.

It's a wonderful day, sir. I woke up! Hope all is well out your way.

View attachment 346407
Waking up is one more day to ride, Dave!

Remembering the island
not political, but Biden did go to knock! Only the Irish will know!
Funny you should mention that Martin. Biden also visited my hometown of Dundalk last week, as half his family come from a village nearby, and to also commemorate 25 years of the Good Friday Peace Agreement, since Dundalk is a border town that has benefitted enormously from that. The town is actually know as "El Paso" in Ireland, so it's been fitting that I've ended up here in Texas of all places!!!

Buddy I spent four years at the grammar school. Used to drink a lot at the railroad bar a nd the brake
spent a lot of time running around ravensdale. Out on my dads dukws, amphib digging cockles andfishing

Welcome! Don't let anyone fool ya - us Americans are all mutts and we have a little bit of everything in us. We claim the Irish when it suits us, the Italian when we are hungry, and the French when we feel romantic. That's why the rest of the world thinks we are so crazy ...

Anyway, you've managed to find your way here and I hope you find the forum welcoming, informing, and possibly a chance to meet some folks out in the wild and ride bikes.

Dave.

Howdy and welcome to the site! Two fine bikes there. My stepdaughters live in Conroe, it's about a 3 hour drive for us.

My wife and I will be flying into Dublin June 15 then headed to Limerick, etc. We're also going to Scotland. It'll be our first time there.

Last edited:
Buddy I spent four years at the grammar school. Used to drink a lot at the railroad bar a nd the brake
spent a lot of time running around ravensdale. Out on my dads dukws, amphib digging cockles andfishing
Good memories out in Ravensdale as a child myself!

Welcome! Don't let anyone fool ya - us Americans are all mutts and we have a little bit of everything in us. We claim the Irish when it suits us, the Italian when we are hungry, and the French when we feel romantic. That's why the rest of the world thinks we are so crazy ...

Anyway, you've managed to find your way here and I hope you find the forum welcoming, informing, and possibly a chance to meet some folks out in the wild and ride bikes.

Dave.
Thanks for the welcome, Dave! Love the mutts description. Ain’t that the truth!

While I have certainly felt romantic many times in my life, I have never, not once, pretended to be French! :-P
😂

Is it because of all the surrendering????
👀😂

Howdy and welcome to the site! Two fine bikes there. My stepdaughters live in Conroe, it's about a 3 hour drive for us.

My wife and I will be flying into Dublin June 15 then headed to Limerick, etc. We're also going to Scotland. It'll be our first time there.
Thanks for your welcome, not Dave!
Sounds like you’ll have a great time visiting the two Gaelic neighbors!

Oh wow — my first bike was 2012 TU250x, and my second (current) is a cb500x! I miss my tuxie, but I’ve had some amazing rides around the Sam Houston National Forest, etc., on the cb500x. Happy trails!

Attachments

• 69793699103__E85DB8F7-3C1E-421B-B199-3AD759078F0E.jpeg
    69793699103__E85DB8F7-3C1E-421B-B199-3AD759078F0E.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9622.jpeg
    IMG_9622.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6679.jpeg
    IMG_6679.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 27
Been riding about two years on my trusty little '13 Suzuki TU250x, mostly just around the city since I live central. Finally ready to look for group rides on my recently bought '15 Honda CB500x, and currently planning a cross country adventure trip on the old War Horse for May/June after giving her a few needed farkles. Looking forward to meeting y'all and learning more!

Fáilte to Texas. My family hails from Ireland generations ago (O'Brien) and my wife from Scotland (McCrea), although she grew up as a young girl tending bar at her grandfather's pub in Ireland. I was poking around England last year this time, but did not get the opportunity to visit Ireland...some day. Currently we are out west of Houston in Katy.

I rode a CB500X for years and it is a great bike, especially with suspension upgrades and a few farkles. I'll be planning some over-nighters in the coming year through central Texas and the east Texas national forests. Hopefully we can meet on a ride.

Back