• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DROOL.... New BMW 800 GS is here!/New F800GS/F800GS (Merged)

bung

Reaction score
I saw this at another forum.

f800gs.jpg

Re: F800 Gs

Surely BMW didn't listen to people and build what they've been asking for. Problem is I'll never be able to afford one.

Wow. I'd be tempted to say goodbye to the Wee for that.

That picture just made my desktop. Really good looking bike.

wow....chain drive finnaly....when does it show up at BMW plano?

I believe the F series has always been chain drive.

Re: New F800GS

Does anyone else think the rear wheel is way out of proportion to the front?

Re: New F800GS

Out of proportion until you put that 17" supermotard front wheel on it with sticky rubber, then hang on!

A CHAIN ?
Well what kind of adventure would it be with out having a final drive failure!
Seriously... at least they understand a rubber band is not a good idea on an adventure bike.

On a related note, I saw a guy in the neighborhood on an F800 ST. It looked to have the stock exhaust but it was really loud for a BMW.

Re: New F800GS/F800GS (Merged)

I talked to a felllow that was working the BMW booth at the cycle show in Houston yesterday, and he thought that this new bike would be released an a late 2008 or as a new 2009 in the Fall of NEXT YEAR. At Daytona Beach bike back in March, Nate, and I forgot his last name, The main BMW factory racer, told me he has ridden this bike and he thought it would be coming out THIS Fall. Now, the next question is, will they follow this model up with an adventure model?
Yes,,,, I think I'll be buying my wife another bike soon,

Back