• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dyna Beads

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I might try these "Dyna Beads" in my current tires. I've got a brand new Pilot Road on the front and 1,000 miles on the Road in the back. The parts manager was surprised that I wasn't offered them when I brought my wheel in. He suggested that the wheel (w/tire) is rotated to determine the size weight needed.... but instead of attaching a weight to the rim, an equal amount of ceramic Dyna Beads is put into the tire.....

I'll ride the bike in, see what they want to charge me ("$15.00 per ounce"), and give it a go..... interesting, check it out:

http://www.evolutioncycles.com/dynabeads.htm

I used Dyna beads in the tires for my DS bike. I used the recommended amounts for those particular sized tires and the results were less that stellar.
Both front and rear wheels were still out of balance, but not as severely.

My experience may have been due to the fact that I was using them in inner tubes, or maybe the knobbie tires I'm using are more difficult to balance. If I had it to do over I would purchase some extra beads and add them as needed.

Let us know how it turns out.

I've never used them myself but I have heard mixed results from people I know who have used them with some saying they worked great and other saying they were crap.

I used 'em on my GS

worked fine but were almost impossible to re-use

The interior of the tire can't have any tire change lube splashed into it or they will clump and not work right

I've moved on to using Ride-on as it will balance and seal

hi,i have used dyna beads in conti road attacks and :rider: now on pilot road 2s on my 07 bandit with great results.1 ounce front 2oz rear.that is the spec for our size tires.

Okay, here's the (long) story:

This morning I took off for a ride to the coast, however a couple hours into the ride I discovered my new front tire(wheel) gave me a vibration at speeds over 90 mph. I turned around and headed for the guys who put the tire on my wheel.

Turns out their balance was out by an ounce. For $15.00 they put a prescribed ounce and a half of Dyna Beads into my tire. I could tell ya what my initial impression was, but let's not go there.......

After I became a little more objective with my impression(s), and spun her up to where my vibrations once were...... well, the vibration was still there, but not as pronounced.

In short, either I have an out-of-round Pilot Road, or.....
I'm not impressed (at this juncture) with the results of Dyna Beads.

I'm on my second set of tires running with Dyna Beads. I'll not go back to weights.

Okay, here's the (long) story:

This morning I took off for a ride to the coast, however a couple hours into the ride I discovered my new front tire(wheel) gave me a vibration at speeds over 90 mph. I turned around and headed for the guys who put the tire on my wheel.

Turns out their balance was out by an ounce. For $15.00 they put a prescribed ounce and a half of Dyna Beads into my tire. I could tell ya what my initial impression was, but let's not go there.......

After I became a little more objective with my impression(s), and spun her up to where my vibrations once were...... well, the vibration was still there, but not as pronounced.

In short, either I have an out-of-round Pilot Road, or.....
I'm not impressed (at this juncture) with the results of Dyna Beads.
2oz is required for a m/c tire! That's what I have used w/o any weights! My tires are not cupped and the bike is the smoothest ride, Bar None.. You never know if your tires are balanced unless you do it. Using the beads keeps the tire balanced for the life of the tire. How many times do you have to rebalance a cage tire for the life of the tire? You won't using the beads, 3oz for cage tire and capture them upon tire change and re-use. They are ceramic and last along time.

Okay.... is your prescribed "2 ounces" for both the front tire and rear???

I read somewhere (been reading on different sites all night), that it's 1 ounce up front & 2 ounces in the rear tire....

Maybe I'll go back and pay 'em another $7.50 for another half ounce.....

I haven't researched yet what 'Dyna Beads' advises; THAT might be the way to go. Anybody?!?

Okay.... is your prescribed "2 ounces" for both the front tire and rear???

I read somewhere (been reading on different sites all night), that it's 1 ounce up front & 2 ounces in the rear tire....

Maybe I'll go back and pay 'em another $7.50 for another half ounce.....

I haven't researched yet what 'Dyna Beads' advises; THAT might be the way to go. Anybody?!?
2oz front and rear for m/c tire
Don't go anywhere except online and order what's appropriate, from here http://www.shinhopples.com/category...703B7A1715E0F824CB.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=58! If you are paying more, do you accept allen or phillips? Get the applicator and they are re-usable! I have used a hole-saw on worn-out tire and dumped into catch pan, then poured back into bottle and re-installed into new tire! I have a little over 15,000mi on the front tire with beads installed as new and ZERO cupping and no Bounce with no weights. This is the first time that the tire didn't cup or sing! I'm sold, PERIOD........By the way, I just turned FITTY!

Last edited:
Well! How'd it go? Did you buy from anywhere, if so what do you think about them? I like them and many more needs to know!

Gotta make this fast, supposed to have 'Jaimes' come over and shampoo the carpet; been vacuuming and cleaning out 8 years of goop, dust, and dander at the corners of my walls/carpet......

I ended up with an ounce and a half in the front tire, not the prescribed ounce per Dyno Beeds website. Still rough and vibration at over 100 mph. Had to take the tire in yesterday, as my air rushed out when I pulled the cap off to check my air (thank Dog I was home when I did this). I retrieved my valve stem core remover from a buddy, checked the core stem, and it was tightened in place...... ended up being a small tear in my valve stem core. I think it was when my buddy was comparing his tire gage to mine, and he BENT my valve stem over to make his tire gage fit...... thanks buddy. I was actually dragging pegs at break neck speeds for 300 miles the day after he did this..... whew!

I told the kid at the dealership that I'm not convinced about the beeds, that they didn't work. That being said, I also told him I was gonna live with it and not ask that he remove the beeds and balance the wheel with lead. In 38 years of riding, I think I remember an out-of-round tire back in the day of tube bias ply tires..... I can't imagine that my P. Road is outa round, but maybeee........

I WANT the beeds to work, I don't like having to clean around weights, I don't like having to clean the adhesiv tape off afterward, etc.

The court/jury is still out on the beeds.....

I've long wondered about this. When an out-of-balance wheel spins, it would seem logical that the heavy spot will be furthest away from the true axis of rotation, which will not be the centerline of the axle. What prevents the balancing beads from migrating (under centrifugal force) to the spot that's furthest away from the axis, i.e. the heavy spot?

Don't know about the dyna beads but in the 70's we started using tire balance/seal in our tires to correct balance problems. Same as the slime of today I'm sure. Once as an experiment, I put a new tire on the front of my GS750 Suzy and took off. You could see the forks shaking it was so bad out. I let 2 of my close pards ride and have a look see also. After that, I put in a small bottle of the balance seal stuff and aired it back up again. Smooth as silk. Also verified by my buds and we just could not believe it. But, if you got a good nail in the tire, patching was not going to happen. So , just went back to normal lead balancing. ;=).
I guess the jury is still out on the Dyna beads. May be okay for local use but hate to have to have a tire change done in the middle of a trip a couple thousands miles from home and ask the mech not to loose my dyna beads. ;-)

Lets keep it coming on the pros and cons. I'm paying lots of attention. May be dyna beads in my future. ;=)

I've heard the term dyna beads mentioned in posts before but had no clue what folks were talking about...Interesting way to balance tires...I'd like to hear from other folks that have tried them as well.

Back