• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

(ETX/Tyler Area) Weekly Sunday Ride

Revelc

Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Chavanne
Have a small group that rides every Sunday.

We typically meet every week for breakfast and explore powerline cuts, dirt roads, woods ride at Rose City Texas Flying Clays, or looking for trails.

We have a few trips to Barnwell planned soon and will be doing the ETX450 this fall.

We have made a WhatsApp community page if anyone wants to join the chat.

East Texas Dual Sport Riders

Attachments

• PXL_20230219_231914244.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230219_231914244.PORTRAIT.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20230305_195101579.jpg
    PXL_20230305_195101579.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 81
Wasn't easy, but I joined.
Sorry about the trouble.

We are still figuring out how to navigate WhatsApps new group features.

You should be able to post and I created some sub-groups to keep things a little more organized.

Oh don't worry about it. More on my end. I'm not a huge fan of WA, but it's on my phone and not on my computer. I hate navigating forums on my phone so I only do that on my computer. Trying to get the link to work required me to have to work outside my normal workflow. Facebook groups has worked better for this type of coordination in the past but not everybody is on board with FB too, so we'll see how this goes.

Why not just post here? Many find it to be totally adequate and SIMPLE! Exchange email info if needed. Sorry, just old school.

I did and will in the future. But it's more convenient to use a messaging app than thinking of checking a website every day.

I was on the board, just not out riding. We did get all the maintenance done on my son's CRF though, so that was fun.

PXL_20230325_180152191.MP-XL.jpg

Core memories right there man. You're doing it right
Definitely. I treat maintenance as a requirement of riding, I don't so much enjoy it. Also I'm cheap. He seems to follow in my footsteps and doesn't venture in the garage to tinker but I pull him out from time to time especially if it's his bike. He did however change the clutch on my FJR at about age 6 or so. 50K miles later still going good so he must have done it right. :)

Also, little fingers do the job easier than mine. :D

2015-04-25%2011.35.28_zps3bofrykm-XL.jpg

Definitely. I treat maintenance as a requirement of riding, I don't so much enjoy it. Also I'm cheap. He seems to follow in my footsteps and doesn't venture in the garage to tinker but I pull him out from time to time especially if it's his bike. He did however change the clutch on my FJR at about age 6 or so. 50K miles later still going good so he must have done it right. :)

Also, little fingers do the job easier than mine. :D

View attachment 344518
There's a saying---Raise them up right and they will do all your dirty work for you! :thumb:

Next Sunday (April 16th) Barnwell Mountain ride.

Meet at 7am if you want to eat breakfast there and fuel up.

Leaving no later than 8am

Whataburger
(903) 526-0490

Then we will jump on 155 all the way there.

Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area
(903) 797-4066

There is a Phillips gas station just outside of town before you get to the park to refuel before heading in.

Phillips 66
(903) 843-2155

Bring a day bag with a few bottles of water and a snack. Usually takes 2-3 hours and it's a good workout.

This will be a single track ONLY ride. No Jeep trails or UTV trails. Just the Enduro loop.

High will be 70°F with a low of 55°F so it will be perfect riding weather. Shows rain at 7am but clear after that in Gilmer so there shouldn't be too much dust.

May be wise to bring a patch kit. I can bring some tire changing tools if nobody has any spoons.

It's a 26 mile loop, and there are different difficulty levels in most sections so you can choose whichever you are most comfortable with and we can stop at trail intersections so everyone can catch up.

Today's trip will be delayed until a weekend in May.

Some folks weren't able to make it for various reasons so we will try again next month .

I just stumbled across this thread. I live in Tyler and the idea of going on Dual Sport and Adventure rides with other like minded folks sounds exciting.

Are you all still getting together every Sunday?

I just stumbled across this thread. I live in Tyler and the idea of going on Dual Sport and Adventure rides with other like minded folks sounds exciting.

Are you all still getting together every Sunday?

Still riding, join the WA group in the first post for updates.

Back