• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fork springs: How to ID year, make, & model(s)?

jsb

Reaction score
I've had these wrapped in a box for years and have no clue what bike they are from. Anyone know how to figure that out?
Whether selling or gifting, I'd rather they go to some use rather than metal scrap.
TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 24
I’d bet if you measured outer diameter, inner diameter, coil thickness, and overall length, then sent that to Race Tech, they could probably give you a list of compatible bikes. And I would get those measurements in metric.

Reactions: jsb
Years ago...when I was researching front fork springs for Gold Fender... I remember finding a list of fork tube sizes & the bikes they were associated with.
Goldie a DL650 Strom used 43mm fork tubes & I swapped some 01 Triumph Trophy 1200 springs I had gotten from a good friend. They were a triple rate type & worked out great.

Attachments

• Tye Dyed Tour Guide Stickerization 009.JPG
    Tye Dyed Tour Guide Stickerization 009.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 18
Back