• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galeana, Mexico ride - May 21-26, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had a problem, Brian. IMO you can leave the fuel treatments at home. Some Pemex stations don't have Red but most do. I am sure Richard and JT have the stations mapped out. Rayones and Galeana have gas.

Thanks Tom. Wish you were going. We will miss your ADHD and wit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am finally packed, the only part of ADV riding I don't like. Actually managed to get everything in the side bags and tank bag, nothing on the rack. McAllen tonight, Mexico tomorrow! :mrgreen:

Ride Safe! Have Fun and take plenty pictures.

ATGATT.

My bike is packed and ready to go. :rider:
DRZ-4-L.jpg

DRZ-15-L.jpg

Last edited:
Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! Mostly of our two Mexico noobs but y'all old time hands, too. Live large. Stay safe. And have big fun.

Hey JT. You must be there by now. Update and pictures please.:clap:

We are in Galeana. We spent the day fighting multiple bike problems. All the bikes are working now and we have High hopes for the rest of the trip.

It's great to see the pictures attached to Scots spot locator. Keep it going please.

Yesterday started out with all smiles and happiness. Later it was anguish, exhaustion, a near death experience, and swarming bees.

Leaving shortly for the top of Mount Potosi for a round of golf with God's golf ball.

Great day of riding today except for the rain and hail.

I'm not a Facebook guy. I hear there is more information there then on TWT ( bike fire? ) . What gives?

We made it back to McAllen last night about 9 pm. Headed back to Austin in a bit. Ride report to follow.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quyB8PMTD3o"]The Dual Sport riders are back in town[/ame]

We were on our way to stay in Santiago for two more days when we discovered DRZBRI - Brian had an issue with the mighty GS. We were in Allende (correct spelling I hope) around noon and made the decision to cut the trip short and head back home. :tears:

If you'd told me that morning in Galeana that I'd be sleeping in my own bed later that night I would have thought you were crazy! Arrived home around 12:30am.

Moving on to brighter news all I have to say is, Great, Great, Great!!! Wonderful riding and great (new) friends. :chug:

Will post pictures and video as time permits.

P.S. I also saved big bucks on my motorcycle insurance thanks to RacerJohn.

I'm just going to jump in with my pick for the best road of the trip. Why I only got 1 minute and 21 seconds of video of it is beyond me.

We're north of Rayones, leaving Santa Rosa. The road seemingly fails to stop climbing and the views are outstanding the whole time. Throw in some 70's degree temps and perfect weather (for the time being).

Change the settings on the video to one of the HD's and it will be closer to the raw video quality.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShStaQATQbc"]MexTrek, Leaving Santa Rosa 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back