• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GLEN ROSE RUN - North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

So, are we meeting in Glen Rose at the Big Cup? Or in Granbury at Brookshire's?
What time?

Well the water that you showed me is too much to cross... I appreciate you are going to check it the rest of the week to see how its going to be.

I really need to know how many people are going to be attending because if we have to change the route I want to make sure I reach everyone before hand.

So this ride rest with you cletus to make sure we are good.

Keep us posted.

Chris

Will let all know. The two on the Bosque are easy enough to route around.We could start the run up 56 and then left on 1007 and end up on the north side of the second crossing.

P.S. We can put eyes on the first Bosque crossing when we get to it and if it is too high turn back to 2225 then left on 1238 to 6.

Last edited:
Gonna try to make it. Depends on what crashes around here on Friday afternoon. Got the Brookshires in Glen Rose as meeting place, but need more info. 350 miles to get there on R1200 GSA,, big bike friendly? Sign up? Times?

I will post the updated route tonight when I get home. We have actually made it shorter just in case the ride becomes long in the tooth.

So stay tuned, I will post all info tonight.

Chris

Here is the GPX FILE for the final Route which is 173 miles.

Also a google earth file and a picture of the route.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO IS GOING>>

Attachments

• GlenRoseRun Final.gpx
    368.6 KB · Views: 268
  • GlenRoseRun.kmz
    22.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Glen Rose Run.jpg
    Glen Rose Run.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 196
Looks like I got a kitchen pass. What time for kickstands up?

We launch at 8am from the brookshires grocery store in Glen Rose. So far it's a go.

IF I read everyone right, We have 10 so far. 3 of those are maybe's.
Keep me posted if you are going. Post it here or send me a private message.

Chris

Sorry Chris, it's getting a bit too far away to make my call out time. I'll try for the July ride if you have dates firmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:-( my Friday afternoon, ain't looking so good. Not giving up yet, but looking poor on my chances. Miracles?

You guys rock! I won't be around this weekend to ride with everyone, but just happen to be camping in Glen Rose tonight. Came out a couple days early before I ride with Ridesmart at Cresson this weekend. Was looking for cool stuff to check out with the KLR tomorrow and Friday. This thread is exactly what I was looking for!!

So...if I can figure out how translate your .gpx into a nav on my phone, I'll recannointer for you tomorrow and Friday. Never been out with anyone from TWT, but will start paying more attention and meet up with you guys this summer or early fall.

Thanks for all the homework. You just made my Thursday....and I'm sorry most of you will be stuck at work! Have a fun ride!

What direction is this track going when you leave Glen Rose? Was going to trace it and make a route.

Last edited:
Back