• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS can do!

This is all in good fun, because I like BMWs too, but as an owner of a 950 Adventure I sure love this picture. Posted many times and many places, but never gets old.

KTMandGS_zpsigguuxae.jpg

hahahahaha

GS's can find the bypass at the bottom. lol

Attachments

• 12313855_10153343940029220_5300059156019063667_n.jpg
    12313855_10153343940029220_5300059156019063667_n.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 351
There is a disclaimer to this, you ain't catching me doing it! ha

I have ridden wheelies for ever and on many bikes, even on my ragged out salvage title KLR while leaving many other bikes in its dust.

Its the rider not the bike.

I have seen that picture many times, all the KTM guys save it in there dream folder.

I have ridden wheelies for ever and on many bikes, even on my ragged out salvage title KLR while leaving many other bikes in its dust.

I have seen that picture many times, all the KTM guys save it in there dream folder.

And so it begins...

Sorry brother, I do not have a dream file, I don't need one. I got the picture by doing a google search and posted it in fun with a smile on my face. :rider:

:doh:
And so it begins...

Sorry brother, I do not have a dream file, I don't need one. I got the picture by doing a google search and posted it in fun with a smile on my face. :rider:

I was one of the bikes sitting in that dust when the old barbie KLR went by me on one wheel :lol2: (I was on a KLR at the time). I think Calvin's front tire spent more time in the air than on the ground that weekend.

I love the GS and the big KTMs. Different tools for different tasks.

I watched some vids a while back of these guys somewhere down South, Central or South America, and they were taking GSs in places I'd never even dream of taking one... or even my 530 KTM!! There's no doubt that having the right bike for the job helps, but there's also no doubt that some riders can make do with the tool on hand better than other riders :zen: I'm one of those riders that REALLY needs the right tool :doh:

I was one of the bikes sitting in that dust when the old barbie KLR went by me on one wheel :lol2: (I was on a KLR at the time). I think Calvin's front tire spent more time in the air than on the ground that weekend.

I love the GS and the big KTMs. Different tools for different tasks.

I watched some vids a while back of these guys somewhere down South, Central or South America, and they were taking GSs in places I'd never even dream of taking one... or even my 530 KTM!! There's no doubt that having the right bike for the job helps, but there's also no doubt that some riders can make do with the tool on hand better than other riders :zen: I'm one of those riders that REALLY needs the right tool :doh:

I remember following you that weekend, I thought you were crazy riding that fast in curves on 606's. I couldn't stay with you. After you told me to trust the tires I rode faster in curves on my Barbie KLR with MT-21s that weekend than I ever did on any bike, but I couldn't stay with you. I ran out of skill, lost my nerve and slowed down and rode my ride.

I have ridden with many people, some would out ride me and could not ride wheelies Some would ride wheelies in circles around me.

I love my GS.

I rode a couple KTMs, I preferred my GS, Versys and my old KLR. To each there own.

wow

Attachments

• 12308643_10153850814676694_2268189084931765504_n.jpg
    12308643_10153850814676694_2268189084931765504_n.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 12295266_1677631109150031_9051423429072544006_n.jpg
    12295266_1677631109150031_9051423429072544006_n.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 341
These pictures aren't same bike, just messing.

Seems like hearing that the one with the broken paralever was the out come of a cartwheel.

I would take that broken down BMW over any KTM any day of the week.:rofl:

Everyone has seen all the pictures and videos in this thread time and time again, usually posted by KTM riders bashing BMWs. Same story different day.

No one on TWT knows any of these people or bikes personally.

Why don't you go back in the ride reports of TWT and show us the pictures of the KTMs that broke down on TWT riders. If I recall, 950 or 990 went down on the EX450 in the sand:eek2: and had to be trailered out. Also on a Hill Country ride a 950 or 990 wet thru a water crossing, splashed water on the battery and caught fire. :doh: There is more.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that anyone started a thread ragging on the guys KTMs.:zen:

I think you guys are rude and arrogant. :mrgreen:

I think I have said enough and heard enough of the bashing of brands. I don't care how much money you have, how smart you are, your back ground, what you do for a living, what type of bike you have or the brand.

Why don't you give the respect you want given to you.:deal:

I like motorcycles!:rider:

So, if you call yourself just having fun. I like having fun too.:rofl:

Sorry Scott, I respect you and what you have done with TWT.:thumb:

Last edited:
I would take that broken down BMW over any KTM any day of the week.:rofl:

Everyone has seen all the pictures and videos in this thread time and time again, usually posted by KTM riders bashing BMWs. Same story different day.

No one on TWT knows any of these people or bikes personally.

Why don't you go back in the ride reports of TWT and show us the pictures of the KTMs that broke down on TWT riders. If I recall, 950 or 990 went down on the EX450 in the sand:eek2: and had to be trailered out. Also on a Hill Country ride a 950 or 990 wet thru a water crossing, splashed water on the battery and caught fire. :doh: There is more.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that anyone started a thread ragging on the guys KTMs.:zen:

I think you guys are rude and arrogant. :mrgreen:

I think I have said enough and heard enough of the bashing of brands. I don't care how much money you have, how smart you are, your back ground, what you do for a living, what type of bike you have or the brand.

Why don't you give the respect you want given to you.:deal:

I like motorcycles!:rider:

So, if you call yourself just having fun. I like having fun too.:rofl:

Sorry Scott, I respect you and what you have done with TWT.:thumb:
Sir I guess this is turning into ADV. Rider, but that said, I'll quit posting on this thread. But go back to where it started and I'm the one who started this thread bragging on what a GS COULD do! Not bashing it. I still think they're great and KTM's are great. And I'm glad at 64 I can still ride. Nuff said.

The bashing started on page 2 from a BMW rider in fun and so it went.

I've been riding close to 50 years and totally understand all bikes break and the rider is way more important than the bike. Good day.

Last edited:
This tread comes down to one think. BMW makes street bikes you can ride on the dirt. KTM makes dirt bikes you can ride on the street. The problem is if your a racer no brand can make a 500 pound dirt bike work. Thats the problem you have when you spend $20k on a KTM 1300CC dirt bike to get 150 HP that you don't need.

...No one on TWT knows any of these people or bikes personally.

Why don't you go back in the ride reports of TWT and show us the pictures of the KTMs that broke down on TWT riders. If I recall, 950 or 990 went down on the EX450 in the sand:eek2: and had to be trailered out. Also on a Hill Country ride a 950 or 990 wet thru a water crossing, splashed water on the battery and caught fire. :doh: There is more...

But I do know your above examples personally as was there for both and neither was a bike problem. And your second example was stated 100% wrong. But really..come on, this is about harmless chiding and fun. I say keep posting up the photos and funny captions.

_

But I do know your above examples personally as was there for both and neither was a bike problem. And your second example was stated 100% wrong. But really..come on, this is about harmless chiding and fun. I say keep posting up the photos and funny captions.

_

First we need a new emoticon that represents "chip on shoulder". :lol2: (not you SB).

_

ET450 the bike crashed in the sand, smashed the front and had to be loaded on a trailer. Well if the bike can't take a crash and keep on riding is the same thing as the GS with the busted rear end. Both had to be hauled out from that point.

And how was I wrong, did it not catch fire and do damage to the bike. Yes I remember you were there on the fire example. Please clarify exactly what happened to that bike and what caused it. The thread is here somewhere.:deal:

My point is all bike have problems and if you are going to rag on another bike and show cute pictures. Do the same with your own bike and don't whine about it when someone points it out.

Last edited:
First we need a new emoticon that represents "chip on shoulder". :lol2: (not you SB).

I couldn't have a chip on my shoulder, I'm not smart enough. Only people who think they are smarter than next guy have a chip, like yourself or you would not have chimed in the first place.

I am just calling out the KTM clowns, looks like it worked.:rofl:

Back