• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I January 14th & 15th 2023 @ 8a Fleming's Sat / IHOP Sun San Angelo then Twin Buttes OHV Area riding

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat/Sun I January 14th & 15th 2023 @ 8a Fleming's Sat / IHOP Sun I San Angelo then Twin Buttes OHV Area riding

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series .3.png

Just as the other Hard Dual Sport Breakfast Series rides, this a no host, no entry fee, no tracks, self-guided ride.

Just a loose get-together for the hard dual sport community to get out and ride, enjoy camaraderie, exploration, growth, and being safe; in addition to developing and renewing friendships so no one rides alone.

"Share the Joy of Motorcycling".

Eat

1673102437242.png

Breakfast
Saturday morning - Fleming's Family Diner at Stadium Lanes at 8a, prior to riding at Twin Buttes for the day.
18011049_805861799560844_4889980640357392069_n.jpg

Sunday morning - IHOP at 8a, its two doors over from the Days Inn, prior to riding at Twin Buttes for the day.
1673272917222.png
Dinner
Friday night
- Twisted Root Burger Co downtown on the Concho river, time 630p.
1673273013273.png
Saturday night - TBD on Saturday afternoon, there are lots of restaurants between the riding area and the motel, or downtown such as Miss Hattie's Restaurant & Cathouse Lounge. Also, Texas Roadhouse is next door to the motel.

Sleep
1673102354194.png

Motel
I’m staying at the Days Inn by Wyndham San Angelo both Friday and Saturday night.
1673273671578.png
There are many other lodging options in the area as well.
1673273813076.png

Even though the motel is less than 7 miles from the main OHV parking area I’ll probably trailer out to the riding area Saturday and leave my bike there overnight if anyone is camping.

1641483866637.png

Camping
Last time a group RV camped onsite in the OHV parking area, no hook ups.
I also saw campers at the next parking area south of the OHV parking area, public Primitive camping is limited to shore areas immediately adjacent to designated roads.
Or at the Middle Concho Park below the dam on the river.
There is also a private RV park next to the riding area.

Legal
1673102808520.png

You will need an annual Texas OHV decal ($16/year) to ride at the Twin Buttes OHV Area, they are available for purchase online or at retail locations including Family Powersports San Angelo.
1673105773082.png

And a Limited Public Use permit or an Annual Public Hunting permit:
To fish, hike, ride, camp, or picnic in this area, persons 17 years and older will need a Limited Public Use permit ($12/year) or the Annual Public Hunting permit ($48/year, which also includes hunting). Either permit is available for purchase online.

There are no other fees to ride at Twin Buttes OHV area.

Riding - I plan to ride both Saturday & Sunday.
1673102650433.png

Link to directions to the Twin Buttes OHV Staging Area.
1673068253145.png

Like the other rides we'll try to group up based pace, difficulty, etc.

Twin Buttes OHV Area
(ATVs, Motorcycles, and ROVs)
Near San Angelo/Tom Green County
Twin Buttes Marina Park Road
San Angelo, TX 76904
325-656-2608
325-657-4450

https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/texas_14476/ride_a421.htm

Videos from Twin Buttes

Last edited:
Not too far. I'll put it on my schedule.
Thanks for posting.

added to my calendar as well...
Thanks for posting this ride & all the info.

I will most likely do this ride. I may start doing regular trips to San Angelo as my oldest will be based there soon.

This area has no sign-in and there aren't any additional day fees however:
You will need an annual Texas OHV decal and Limited Public Use permit, both are available for purchase online.

We have had a Game Warden show up both times to check for OHV decals and Limited Public Use permits.

Legal
You will need a Texas OHV decal to ride at the Twin Buttes OHV Area, they are available for purchase online or at retail locations including Family Powersports San Angelo.

And a Limited Public Use permit:
To fish, hike, camp, or picnic in this area, persons 17 years and older will need a Limited Public Use permit ($12/year) or the Annual Public Hunting permit ($48, which also includes hunting). These permits are sold on a license-year schedule, expiring August 31.

Last edited:
I plan to drive up on Friday afternoon as well.

It looks like we might be able to sit outside at dinner on Friday overlooking the Concho river like we did last January.

FYI - When I went to book at Days Inn this morning the price has more than doubled since last week on Priceline. I called the hotel as well and it seemed unreasonable. Could be the spike in TWT bookings, the rate may go down in the next couple days but to be safe I did find a fair deal on booking.com and booked it.

No really sure if this really happened last April. Could be one of those deep fake videos...

It was the night before leaving and all through the garage not a wrench was turning and it wasn't a mirage. The bike is all ready though the tires are losing some air, just hoping we are all safe and the weather is fair.

I'm hoping for firm sand and that rocks stay in their places and that I don't crash again on one of the exposed faces.

Back