• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heart of Texas Rally / RTE

Looking forward to it.

Also, I was bored today and was playing around with an idea... yeah I stink at photoshop, but like I said... I was only playing around......

1101583487_jNhdL-L.gif

Looking forward to it.

Also, I was bored today and was playing around with an idea... yeah I stink at photoshop, but like I said... I was only playing around......

1101583487_jNhdL-L.gif

:clap::clap::clap:
Duke, I like that I like it a bunch! It would make a great logo for the rally!

Bob, I hope you don't break any more bones either it always pulls a huge vacuum when we do.

JUST Fyi.... In December A new Holiday Inn Express opened up in Brady. Looks to be walking distance from the Best Western.

I just made my reservation.... HERE

:coffee:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-08 at 11.29.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-08 at 11.29.02 PM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 414
Greetings to all from the main office of the 2011 Heart of Texas Rally right here in sunny but cold Amarillo, Texas. First I would like to say thanks to all that have signed up to participate in this year’s HoT Rally. As of the present, 27 riders from Florida, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado and Texas have put their name in the helmet for this year’s Rally. I do believe that this year’s event will be another great way to spend a spring day on a motorcycle traveling the highways and byways of the Lone Star state. Hopefully everyone will get the chance to travel to a designation they have never been too or on a road they have never traveled on.
There are 42 bonus and 6 alternate starting locations spread out throughout all 7 regions of Texas. Also there are 3 non location specific bonuses that will increase your point total nicely. New for this year is that all participants will have to obtain 1500 points or better to be consider a finisher of the 2011 HoT Rally as well as getting to Best Western/Brady Inn in Brady, Texas and checked in by HoT Rally officials before 1800 hrs. April 30th, 2011.
Also new for this year is there will be 6 main routes introduced to all riders when the bonus listing is sent out April 24th, 2011. Each route will have 5 bonus locations that are uniquely identifiable to that route. Collect all 5 bonuses of that specified main route and you will get to double the sum of the total point value of those 5 bonuses.
Here is an abbreviated example:
Main Route 1: Road to Independence
1. San Jacinto Monument
GPS Coordinates: N29 44 56.6 W95 04 52.2
200 points.
2. Star of the Republic Museum
GPS Coordinates: N30 19 26.8 W96 09 15.2
75 points.
3. Texas Heroes Square
GPS Coordinates: N29 30 01.6 W97 27 13.1
50 points.
4. Fannin Battleground State Historical Park
GPS Coordinates: N28 41 10.8 W97 14 00.9
75 points.
5. The Alamo
GPS Coordinates: N29 25 32.6 W98 29 12.8
150 points.
Point subtotal 550 x 2 = 1100 points.
(Please note that the above “Main Route 1 “ is not an actual 2011 Bonus, it is just an example.)

You can bet that each of the beginning bonus locations of each main route will be in the outer regions of Texas. As you can see just riding a Main Route can gain a rider a big chunk of points to go toward being a finisher. Of course there will be plenty of opportunities to collect more bonuses along the way to add to a riders score to be a qualified as a finisher. Now if you choose not to follow a Main Route, the possibility of being finisher is there, you’ll just have to work at it a little more.
Well until next time, study those Texas maps and go for a ride every chance you can.

I have secured a discounted rate at the Best Western/Brady Inn for the Heart of Texas Rally. A single is 71.99 and double for 76.49. So when you call to make your reservations ask for the Heart of Texas Rally rate.
Best Western/Brady Inn # 325 597 3997

I like the design also. You might want to remove one of the Wings and add a FJR/C14/GS in its place. Will a T-Shirt be include for those that finish? or Availible to buy?

On another note, does anyone want to split a double room for Saturday night?

JUST Fyi.... In December A new Holiday Inn Express opened up in Brady. Looks to be walking distance from the Best Western.

I just made my reservation.... HERE

:coffee:

DD thanks for the info. :clap:

Just called and they are giving a discount rate of 94.00 for the HoT Rally or 77.00 for Government rate. I will probably get a double at the government rate. :trust: :mrgreen: :-P

still playing around with a "sticker".

I can't find any good clip art of bikes, so I have given up on them. I am really happy with this one. And freely admit that I have ZERO say so on what it should or SUPPOSED to look like. Just playing around at your expense James.

What do y'all think?

1222767256_oSeFC-XL.png

Duke I am impressed. I like that one better than the one with the bike. That is the one I would want to use.

Well, I'm officially out this year. I jacked up my knee walking :argh: last week and was still holding out hope that it would come back in time, but I'm still using 2 crutches to get around and am seeing an orthopedic guy tomorrow. Also, the cultures the hospital took came back positive today, so now I'm on antibiotics.

If the organizers do not object, I would like that they keep me on the mailing list. Playing with the map will give me something interesting to do on whatever day it comes out.

Also keep me in consideration next year. Its sounds like a fun event, I hope I can participate one year soon.

Thanks,

Dahveed

Just a few more days!

How many are still in it Mr. Rally Master?

So far 60 are still on the go-list.

Well, I'm officially out this year. I jacked up my knee walking :argh: last week and was still holding out hope that it would come back in time, but I'm still using 2 crutches to get around and am seeing an orthopedic guy tomorrow. Also, the cultures the hospital took came back positive today, so now I'm on antibiotics.

If the organizers do not object, I would like that they keep me on the mailing list. Playing with the map will give me something interesting to do on whatever day it comes out.

Also keep me in consideration next year. Its sounds like a fun event, I hope I can participate one year soon.

Thanks,

Dahveed

Sorry to hear your not going to get to ride this year, but at least you can armchair it. You heal up and I'll look for you next year.

Back