• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heated Gear - Wire Pass through for 1 Piece Suit?

Reaction score
I have an old Spartan 1 piece riding suit. It looks like it is now sold as a Firstgear Thermo suit. I would like to be able to use it with my heated gear but how do I get a wire through the suit to plug in? Is some kind of glue on or sew on pocket/ pass through available that could be a water barrier? Are there any other recommendations? I can just think of stabbing a hole with a knife but it will create frayed material plus an air/ water leak.

No venting zippers / velcro that might work? My 'Stich has those to get into jeans pockets underneath (for the inevitable hunt for the bike key you left in them after zipping fully in!) You may have to put a hole in one of the pockets, not optimal but if you have to put a hole in it that would be the place.

The suit is likely a synthetic material such as heavy nylon Cordura. That can be melted to stop fraying. A soldering iron works pretty well for such a task.
If it has any hand warmer pockets or hip pockets, consider going through there. That will minimize loss of water resistance.

I had a tailor shop put a large button hole though it and the put a small up side down pocket over it.

Attachments

• 20220106_122604.jpg
    20220106_122604.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 91
Find an old book bag or jacket with a pass through patch like the one in the attached photo and cannibalize it. I imagine the patch can be bought new as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 17
Back