• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey there Texas from Corpus Christi

Reaction score
I have been riding a dual sport Honda crf300 for almost two years ago. I usually ride on residential streets on Saturday mornings. It is funny because I originally wanted to ride off-road. It’s all good though I am happy. I keep safety #1 because Corpus traffic can be hazardous.

This is a great bike. It is all stock. Since I have been riding street lately, I am going to keep the stock tires a little while longer, but I probably will get more off-road focused tires. I will plan a trip sometime to big bend or similar. I am a noob so any advice for a trip is greatly appreciated.

I also have a project bike Honda XR250 that is waiting for me to reassemble the engine and replace the clutch, etc. I just need a clear schedule to spend some time on it. It’s a sin that I let this project sit too long.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 28
Good luck with the trip planning! I’m thinking of trading my cb500x for a crf300l rally (or 250) or an xt250 to learn some off road skills on a lighter bike.

Thanks! So far, my off-road trips have been down some farm roads. The picture up above is from Mullins Bayou Road in Refugio County. That ride was two days after a rain which made the dirt ideal for a fun ride. The grip on the front tire was not ideal, but I just rode slower and maybe it helped me improve. I didn't think about lowering the tire pressures. I'll have to try that sometime.

Last edited:
Back