• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country Newbie

Reaction score
First Name
K.
Last Name
Bishop
Hello everyone!

Thanks for the add! I'm a very very new rider in the Hill Country area. After some time as a "backpack," I finally built up the confidence to learn how to ride, myself. I took the MSF at the start of March, so I'm only two months into this wonderful new adventure. My nerves are still getting used to the two-wheel life, but every ride feels just a little more natural. I'm looking forward to making new friends and wind-therapy memories with y'all!

Welcome to the group. My son is a new rider as well. We will do a hill country run in the next few weeks—our first real ride.

MT-03 is a perfect first bike! That'll be a fun to start out on, and fun to push to its limits once you get a little time under your belt.

So, you appear to be doing it right so far ;)

Welcome Hawkeye! You are in a great area for riding for sure.
I can relate to that feeling of being new to a motorcycle. Keep on doing rides at your own pace and comfort and it will get better and better!
Let us know how it’s going and hopefully you can make some of the meetups.

Welcome.

First year is a lot of learning, and danger. Word of caution, at some point in the next year you'll be thinking "Wow, I'm actually getting petty good at this!" That's when you need to step back and reevaluate because that's when you are about to get bit. 10 years later you'll look back on that moment and think "I really didn't know what I was doing at all back then."

Enjoy it though, get out as much as you can.

Back