• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hole Shot

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
Alex got his first Hole Shot. The track was a little on the slick side which was to his advantage with his 125 going up against the 250's. He has been the second and third to the line several times but this was the first Hole Shot. It also helps that the bike started on the first quick kick and didn't have to be kicked the full cycle or a second time, being at TDC sure works wonders. And he does appear to be getting better on his starts.

Guess this was one of my Father's Day gifts.
Brunes Mill Storm Race 6-17-2007 Hole Shot

Cool... how'd he do after the hole shot? :trust:

Do they start with the motors off? Just trying to make sense of your kick starting comments :scratch:

Cool... how'd he do after the hole shot? :trust:

He lead 90 to 95% of the first lap and went down two or three corners before the start/finish line and had his leg pinned under his bike. At the time he went down he was probably 90 to 120 seconds ahead of the second place bike. The second place bike passed him while he was down, the rider did stop to check on him to make sure he was ok. The stress of being pinned under the bike and knowing the other riders were catching up to him combined with the heat caused some physical problems associated with Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia. :puke: In other words, he had been hydrating but it was with water and he needed electrolytes due to his nonexistence body fat (where did he get that, surely not from me) and he had eaten a stick of beef jerky earlier and well let's just say he had to do a real good job of cleaning his helmet when we got home. He did complete the first lap to allow him to get points for this race, finished in sixth place due to one rider not completing a lap.

Do they start with the motors off? Just trying to make sense of your kick starting comments :scratch:

All the races are dead engine starts except for the 50's and 60's which are live engine starts.

WOW, I looked like a Rocketship:rofl:

After that I could have just pulled over and I would have been fine. To me there are two parts to the race the Holeshot and the finish. I hope I make the holeshot a habit.

Thanks Hemi:rider:

Good job Tim....Looked like i would've been with ya if i could've kept the bike straight:doh:

Thanks Tony,,,for showing everyone how NOT to do a start

Back