• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda. ADV150

Reaction score
First Name
David
The wife seems interested. Watched some YouTube videos on this. We would primarily use for backroads, maybe a little dirt and gravel. Never owned a scooter. Not considering this for speed. Nice, easy riding just enjoying country roads. Any thoughts on this scooter

I like the rear shock set up. No idea why, but the scooter looks pretty cool to me. That would be perfect for running to the store for milk or something small.

Why $400, destination charge. I bet they also have an assembly fee. Looking at over 5K for a 150cc scooter with a top sped of less than 70 laying prone on the seat.
I bet it will be an adventure.

My thought was to get the wife this scooter and possibly a crf300l rally. Trailer them to places like BB, Capitan or Cloudcroft for 3-4 day get aways. Since she has been riding the AT with me, she is interested in a little more than just highway riding

My wife is interested in this as well but 150 seems low in displacement, but maybe I’m wrong.

Watching videos, it seems it could do fine at 60 but we are not interested speed so much, just easy back road riding. She wants a dct. The bigger Hondas were too tall and heavy. She can't take her spyder off highway much, so we thought something like this might be a better fit. There are several you tube videos on the scooter. Some actually show it's capability off road.

I like how you can get any color you want, as long as it's red.

Anyway, I'm sure this is a fine scooter but it does lack some of the benefits of a traditional scooter. And it's expensive for what it is. There are other options. But the truth is, it will get the job done that you want to get done, and if you like it, it'll work and that's great. More time on 2 wheels. Why not get a pair, then you and your wife can ride them together, rather than one of you on a dual sport and the other on a scooter.

Now that I've been a scooter owner for a month and mrs72 is acting like she might want to become the new owner of the Vino, maybe I need one of these to go scooting around with her. Who am I kidding? I'll find a way to get another nearly free project scooter to resurrect.

I sold my DRZ and I would not feel comfortable on my AT riding Old Ore or out to TOTW. I would still like to still ride in places like BB. I am not experienced enough with the AT to ride in the more rougher areas but I do ok on a smaller bike. I don't want to damage it. Excuse to get a Rally.. The wife isn't into serious off road so I thought this might be a way to spend time riding together. She wants to ride on gravel and dirt with me.. This idea of two machines would replace the harley in that I don't ride it much. The AT for me is just awesome for everything else. Our recent trip up into Idaho, Montana on the AT was just so enjoyable. She likes the red color, spyder, car, etc. This is the plan.

Why $400, destination charge. I bet they also have an assembly fee. Looking at over 5K for a 150cc scooter with a top sped of less than 70 laying prone on the seat.
I bet it will be an adventure.
Wait for another year or two and buy a new old stock model. That’s what I did go every new bike I’ve purchased. Scoots don’t seem too popular here so there are deals to be had on older stock. I‘ve got a PCX150, the same scoot this new ADV was modeled from. The 150 engine is just fine for what it was designed to do. Putter around on surface roads and in the city. The 150 isn’t meant for highway speeds but it is just fine at 50mph and sketchy at 65mph. I rode ours the entire length of the overseas highway to Key West which is a little over 100 miles and it did just fine. I might consider trading the PCX for the adv model if I came across a deal I just couldn’t
pass up. Mainly due to the long suspension travel. Oh, and I like the angular looks. Not too crazy about the electronics like smart key and ABS though

Well she is smiling
20210814_093827.jpg

They wanted quite a bit for a scooter. I'll have to think about it. All their add-ons made it 6200. I told them that was too much

It looks like you have your heart set on the step through, but if I were in your position, theres no way I wouldn't be testing the new CT125. The CT chassis is proven worldwide to be capable of hauling your sheep to market down a road that would make a jeep blush.

... The wife isn't into serious off road so I thought this might be a way to spend time riding together. She wants to ride on gravel and dirt with me....

... new CT125. The CT chassis is proven worldwide to be capable of hauling your sheep to market down a road that would make a jeep blush.

Watching more videos. The CT125 looks cool. She still likes the adv150.
We enjoy our three three scooters, including the Zuma 50F, which is primarily ridden by family/friends on the Texas Tiddler Endurance Runs, which include East Texas unpaved county and forest service roads. It does OK for such, but the scooter design with the engine/swingarm is not ideal for rough roads. The ADV150 seems to be a very good scooter (two of 'em recently completed the cross-country Scooter Cannonball Run), and would handle East Texas county and forest service roads just fine (at a slower pace than a CRF), but I concur, the CT125** would be a better choice for more challenging roads, such as out in Big Bend.

** We were next up for a CT125 at the local dealer last month, but passed it on to the next fellow in line, as we simply need to sell a couple of our motorcycles/scooters before acquiring another.

My wife is interested in this as well but 150 seems low in displacement, but maybe I’m wrong.
I went and rode a Zuma 125 the other day. I think it got up to 50 something with me on it.

I assume someone that weighed a third of what I do on a 150cc motor would get around fine everywhere but the highway.

I wanted to see it go though a water hole. What are all those open fins near the drive? To me it looked like a struggle especially the café handle bars.

I like the Trail 125 much better
trail 125.png

Back