• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Just my luck, we got here Friday night about 2 am, woke up Saturday with the crud so no riding this past weekend... Another weekend coming up though! Woohoo! Spent the weekend watching youtube vids about the TAT, which I hope to be blessed enough to ride in the next couple of years and wow! I recognized a creek-crossing which is about 2-3 miles from my home in Tennessee. I couldn't have been more surprised if i'd woke up with my head sewn to the floor! I didn't realize that it came this close to my house!

I am, but I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one. LOL! In Tennessee for the weekend. done some great riding over the past 2 weekends. Gotta be back Monday morning though so I'll be on the road back on Easter. How could would I look if I pulled my XR with my Goldwing? LOL!

It'd be awesome.......

118028.jpg

LOL! That's freakin Awesome!! LOL!

My trailer looks just like that too!! Now I'm going to have to try it and see how it pulls! LOL!

jmz, bullet, m, rman, gary... everybody still kickin?

Still kickin and riding/traveling more than ever. If I did ride reports with photos/videos it would be a 40 hr a week job for me.

Seems like most of the original crew on this thread have all moved on to new interests and not riding much if at all anymore. I've tried multiple times to re-energize the group to no avail so long ago have given up. I do ride frequently with JMZ though.

Are you still riding much Fiddy? I see you sold a couple from your stable but you still have a dual sport correct? I'm not a big fan of the larger group rides so typically stay away. Once I hear "rider's meeting" or "what bike, tires, gps, etc. should I use" I usually stop reading the thread. Therefore I don't know who on here are out riding bikes and who are just riding computer chairs.

_

Yessir, still riding. Close on a house end of this month so I sold a few bikes. Still have the KTM 500xcw street legal, dr350s (trying to sell), and a little apollo 125 pit bike that is plated! My neighbors love that bike more than any one I've had.

The DR350S is possessed and just wants to stay with me. I've had two guys take a look at it to buy. It will start right up cold no problems and runs fantastic. And almost always starts after warm. When they came, it wouldn't start for the life of me, or them after they stalled it or we killed it to look over. It will push start. Both of them walked away from it. I don't blame them. Of course, the moment they drive off, it's kicks over first kick. SO FRUSTRATING! I even did a quick vid after the last guy left. Held the camera in one hand and kicked with the other and it fired right up. I know these bikes are notorious and have a certain starting procedure, but this one just doesn't want to cooperate when others are around. Runs fantastic after it's started!!! My CL ad.

I'm dead serious about pulling the XR. That is one more nice trailer. I don't pul it that often, but it's 12 hours between Baytown and Lawrenceburg no matter the route, it would be nice to have a trailer like that to perch the ole gal on.

Hey FiddyK

Was thinking about this thread. We're still kicking in FC. Pulled some bees from rman's place a couple of weeks ago. He's got a new two stroke four wheeler that can sling a cowpie 100 yards. Real mess that thing and it's taking up his time. Guess we're all waiting on Gary to get back to Austin before we start riding again. What's going on in Round Rock?

m

I heard through the grapevine you finally got that elusive 3ft of air now that you have the 500. :lol2:......................................................................................................................................................................................................:duck:

Me and bullet have a top secret big long ride coming up to go get my new to me BIG dirt-bike :rider: :trust: :flip::chug: :eat:

It doesn't look like I am going to get back to Austin, they recently changed my job and I will be stuck in Plano, but still hope to spend a few weekends with you guys riding!! Will be riding the TAT in June, from Oklahoma to North Carolina with my wife and daughter!, busy planning the trip now.. have signed up for the redneck ramble in May and have been on a couple of local all day DS rides.. having a lot of fun, but still missing you guys.

It doesn't look like I am going to get back to Austin, they recently changed my job and I will be stuck in Plano, but still hope to spend a few weekends with you guys riding!! Will be riding the TAT in June, from Oklahoma to North Carolina with my wife and daughter!, busy planning the trip now.. have signed up for the redneck ramble in May and have been on a couple of local all day DS rides.. having a lot of fun, but still missing you guys.

Bummer about the move, but the job makes it all happen. We're off to Banff in June. Maybe we can get some DS rides going in the forest later in the summer.

It's VFD fundraiser season. Let's resurrect that thread.

Sounds like an idea. Hey, post up some photos of that new grandbaby! He aught to be getting big by now.

m

Howdy folks. :wave: Still around. :rider: Nephews are growing up, going to college and my family is hanging around here at the ranch almost every weekend, busy. :giveup: M is right, bought a Polaris Trailblazer 400 2stroke 4wheeler the other day, stupid fast with a capital 'S'tupid. :lol2: It'll pull a trailer at 65mph! If I die on that thing, I hereby will it to Meriden. :rofl:

Here, watch this. Pay attention to the captions. Language!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1S5OGO5Rc"]Old Guy on a XR650l kills it! - YouTube[/ame]

Hey FiddyK

Was thinking about this thread. We're still kicking in FC. Pulled some bees from rman's place a couple of weeks ago. He's got a new two stroke four wheeler that can sling a cowpie 100 yards. Real mess that thing and it's taking up his time. Guess we're all waiting on Gary to get back to Austin before we start riding again. What's going on in Round Rock?

m

I heard through the grapevine you finally got that elusive 3ft of air now that you have the 500. :lol2:......................................................................................................................................................................................................:duck:

Round Rock is ... well... still round. Running out of places to ride. Rode yesterday and today, mostly new construction sites and the San Gabriel river off Hyw29 between Georgetown and Liberty Hill.

The 3 ft of air was actually on my pit bike :lol2: The KTM will only go to 2 ft...

I've never ridden Sam Houston National Forest and really want to. I say we hatch a plan and date and just do it. C'mon....

Round Rock is ... well... still round. Running out of places to ride. Rode yesterday and today, mostly new construction sites and the San Gabriel river off Hyw29 between Georgetown and Liberty Hill.

The 3 ft of air was actually on my pit bike :lol2: The KTM will only go to 2 ft...

I've never ridden Sam Houston National Forest and really want to. I say we hatch a plan and date and just do it. C'mon....

I bought a bike just for Sam and have never used it for it's intended purpose. Doing bee work the rest of this month and spending the first bit of June in Jasper. Looks like most of May is open though. Let's pick some dates.

m

First half of May is bad for me. Clear after that, except for the week of June 5 thru that weekend (moving!).

FMF question for ya'll.

My XR came to me with a powercore 4 on it. Sounds nice, but I'm thinking of trying stealth mode for a bit. So:

Anyone tried the 'quiet core' insert for this? Do your neighbors like you better now? Any noticeable power loss or jetting changes needed?

Back