• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need prayers

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
It may sound silly buy a number of you have met Sophie, my big white Pyrennes /anatolian rescue and know of our 4 years of special closeness. She climbs 4' fences and can dig a tunnel under the sheep fence at will. She generally stays home, but this morning she escaped and got hit by a truck and was killed instantly. She was my constant companion on the farm. Wherever I went, she was there. My wife and I need your prayers for comfort and I'm trying to not have a heart attack.

It doesn’t sound silly to me. We develop strong bonds with our pets. Praying for you and your wife.

Done. Keep the driver in mind as well. Having been on both sides of this kind of event more than once, I know it can be hard on everyone.

Really sorry to hear this. I know how difficult it can be. Will pray for comfort and strength for you and your wife.

I'm so sorry to hear that Ed. I'm glad she didn't suffer. Good thoughts headed your way. Y'all take care of yourselves.

We have the same; Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepard mix. Remington just turned 8 yo last month, and he's an amazing buddy. So sorry for your loss, and you have our prayers for comfort and peace.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Ed. I understand; Gus is my Pyrennes mix doggo and is my constant companion around the place. They can become closer to you than a person. Hang in there.

Sorry for your loss - she will be waiting for you, just this of side of the rainbow bridge. Hang in there, brother.

It’s not silly. Animals provide us with comfort and companionship, loving us unconditionally. Very sorry for your loss.

Dogs can become one of the family very easily....& sooo hard ta deal with losing tragically.
Ive never had a dog...or a cat for that matter...but I feel for yall Ed
+++ healing vibes hedded your way

You folks are amazingly supportive, and have no idea how much it means to me. Thank you some much for the prayers and kind thoughts. I do feel for the driver too. I once took out someone's mini pooch chasing a cat across the street. This has been a very difficult experience for me, to the point my wife won't let me on my bike for awhile, and I'm afraid she's right.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Pups can really find that place in your heart. We have lost a couple of fur babies in the past few years, and it's really hard. Dogs have a special place in heaven. Gone, but never forgotten.

Im sitting here asking the wife if im safe to ride up to Crockett for dirtryders pie run tomorrow. She says "yes, you need the change of scenery". Gonna be earily similar to winter riding back home in Colorado though :-)

Back