• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

II Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/14/17-Castroville, Texas

Need to get priorities in order-where is lunch? Maybe in D'Hanis by noon? That would mean Bill and Rosa's.

I like the way this man thinks. His very first post is not an introduction, no pix of his ride-- none of that extraneous crap--goes right to the important stuff--what's for lunch? Lol :thumb:

Humblest apologies-I thought I had been on here before. Moved to San Antonio in '86, involved in DBSA since then, rode enduros for 30+ years. Ride a RM265 off road, F800gs on these trips. I enjoy breakfast and lunch on these non competitive rides.

Humblest apologies-I thought I had been on here before. Moved to San Antonio in '86, involved in DBSA since then, rode enduros for 30+ years. Ride a RM265 off road, F800gs on these trips. I enjoy breakfast and lunch on these non competitive rides.

I'm with you, where's lunch? Welcome. BTW, I ride a 800 also!

Need to get priorities in order-where is lunch? Maybe in D'Hanis by noon? That would mean Bill and Rosa's.

Bill & Rosa's KK Steakhouse is a great idea, saw Johnny Bush play there one time, according to the itinerary if a group leaves by 9a that should put them in D'Hanis about 1p assuming an average speed of 35 mph according to Furkot.

I believe the Sidewinders group had lunch and STILL completed route last year. Since I didn't finish last year I'll just have a quick snack at Gas 2, which may be my only gas stop. Another group pealed off for lunch at Hermann Sons Steak House and headed home after that.

It's up to each group, as - "Of course its all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time and head home."

The stickers are in. I'll distribute them at the Taqueria San Juan the morning of the ride before heading out.

32042836745_5f00d636e2_o.jpg

Are most of these roads about the same as the ride we did out of Bandera a few weeks back? Just wondering, because Baxter and I may have a human passenger with us this time!

Are most of these roads about the same as the ride we did out of Bandera a few weeks back? Just wondering, because Baxter and I may have a human passenger with us this time!

Correct. Nothing as technical as the water crossings on Seco creek or Ross road y'all did in far northwest/northern Medina county, I couldn't include them without looping out of the county.

Glad you are sharing motorcycling with Baxter. Reminds me of John and Kookie. And now adding another passenger!

kookiebook.jpg

http://thebannerisup.district37ama.org/stories/john-kookie-1.htm

I'm interested in this one. I'll have to see how things turn out for that weekend, so I'll be a maybe for now. I also don't have a GPS, but shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with anyone!

Put me down as a maybe. I have new suspension parts coming and not sure if I will have it done in time.

Although I might be on call for work--I'll problee still be able to make it. (Fingers crossed)

Apologies in advance...

Final preps to the bike are done. Psyched for this day of fun.
Be the maiden voyage for the 690 and me.
Left behind is sweet Suzi Wee

Any updates on the weather? What I see doesn't look good.

31430300763_b194dc0fd4_o.jpg

I'm planning on making a weather call tomorrow, unless the rain chance goes up I'm in. My luck I cancel, no rain, don't cancel then get wet. No dust though...

Turns out I will be on call Saturday. I will know by 8am if I am needed Fingers crossed ��
And �� for good weather.

Sat

Jan 14

Showers
76° 63°
60%
SE 16 mph
73%

:miffed: Carrying raingear might be helpful, but not essential to have a grand event!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm planning on making a weather call tomorrow, unless the rain chance goes up I'm in. My luck I cancel, no rain, don't cancel then get wet. No dust though...

Same here on the fate deal. If I go I'm sure it'll rain all day, and if I stay home it'll be a beautiful day........... Guess I should stay so y'all can at least have a good ride. :rider:

Back