• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy ISO older 85sx FOUND

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Like title says, I’m looking for a ktm 85. I’m partial to an older model for budgetary reasons, and leaning towards ktm for parts availability and ease of adding bigger wheels when time comes (but not married to Austria). Not really looking for a basket case, but definitely not scared of doing a top end and replacing consumables. I’d prefer within 100 miles of Austin. Text me if you’d like.
Mark

There are a couple 2005-2017 models going for $2500'ish up here near Fort Worth. I don't know if that is cheap enough to drive all this way though.

It looks like anything newer than that starts climbing in price pretty darn quick though.

There are a couple 2005-2017 models going for $2500'ish up here near Fort Worth. I don't know if that is cheap enough to drive all this way though.

It looks like anything newer than that starts climbing in price pretty darn quick though.
Brilliant. I’m not opposed to driving for the right deal.

Feel free to post anything you find from FB. I don’t do the Book of Faces, so any leads are appreciated.

Feel free to post anything you find from FB. I don’t do the Book of Faces, so any leads are appreciated.
I totally hear you on that! Unfortunatley Craigslist has really gone downhill so I've ended up getting much better results on Facebook than other places. It is just a royal pain to deal with still.

I know you said 100 miles. I search far and wide as it opens up way more opportunity. Here is a 2014 KTM 85SX in Amarillo that says it is ready to go for $2200 or offer.

I know you said 100 miles. I search far and wide as it opens up way more opportunity. Here is a 2014 KTM 85SX in Amarillo that says it is ready to go for $2200 or offer.

Great googley moogley. That is perfect, just way too far. I really appreciate the efforts. I owe you tacos.

OK. I have been known to drive half way across the country when I see a good deal on something. I will keep looking.

OK. I have been known to drive half way across the country when I see a good deal on something. I will keep looking.
Dude. You’re the actual man. And a heckuva sleuth.

I had a cpl local FB-capable buddies do some searching for me and I’ve got some promising leads. I’ll keep this thread alive or update it depending on how things work. I appreciate y’all’s time.

Dude. You’re the actual man. And a heckuva sleuth.

I had a cpl local FB-capable buddies do some searching for me and I’ve got some promising leads. I’ll keep this thread alive or update it depending on how things work. I appreciate y’all’s time.
If you find one, we would love to see some photos of it after you get it. :thumb:

667BC1AA-F160-4873-9A2F-23961FBD7F5D.jpeg

667BC1AA-F160-4873-9A2F-23961FBD7F5D.jpeg

C395C35A-3955-42EF-BEC6-D617C6B56D52.jpeg

40FB2CEF-E6A3-4454-BC9E-43F4F9E61A21.jpeg

She’s mine. 2013 sx (sxs?). EBR suspension and engine, low hours, well treated by fantastic previous owner (I’ll be third owner), holeshot device, flywheel weight, Powerparts full exhaust, and box of parts. Needs sprockets and maybe a chain, but seems ready to go. I think I got a smoking deal! Thanks to all for the help!

Last edited:
I’ll probably post in Garage Talk all my stupid questions about the bike, as I’ve never owned a 2t and the kiddo has never ridden one. He’s got some learning to do. Gonna be a great Christmas!

Heck yeah! That looks like a pretty clean little screamer. That is going to be fun, and quite the handful. I just spent the better part of the morning with my buddy Jack (pictured down below) doing a top end and completely cleaning out the power valve of my 300. It was a good day.

IMG_2981.JPG

Back