• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jeepers doing an East Texas 450!

Only a little way in and I'm a little offended at the title of this video. Jeepers? I've already counted several Lexus and Toyota vehicles. ;)

Edit, found the Jeep, but also looks like a Chevy Express in there too!

Last edited:
I’ll probably do this in my daughter’s Volvo Station wagon! Lol

Just the nature of the beast being in Texas. That's why I go to Oklahoma and Arkansas. "Overlanding" in Texas is just driving on dirt roads between 2 fences. If you look at the TEAT (Texas Epic Adventure Trail) the northern part is the entire eastern side of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (OAT) lol.

Last edited:
Looks nice! These mild runs are great for us overlanding newbies and those not interested in rock crawling etc...I recently started overlanding as my wife does not have any interest in motorcycling. I've tried everything I can think of to get her to ride, but she won't and that's cool. So overlanding allows us to explore together. These types of routes allow you to try out new gear and equipment without being too worried about getting into trouble. Looks like they had a blast and just being outdoors is enough for me.

Yep, same here. We like to do light off roading such as the ET450, BBNP, Ouachita/Ozark forests, etc. Great scenery and nice camping/hoteling areas too. Sometimes, we'll throw the dirt bikes in the back and do some exploring from camp too. I guess it's a nice evolution from dual sporting as we get a bit older. I imagine one day this forum will ripen enough to become the "Four Wheeled Texans", LOL.

Yep, same here. We like to do light off roading such as the ET450, BBNP, Ouachita/Ozark forests, etc. Great scenery and nice camping/hoteling areas too. Sometimes, we'll throw the dirt bikes in the back and do some exploring from camp too. I guess it's a nice evolution from dual sporting as we get a bit older. I imagine one day this forum will ripen enough to become the "Four Wheeled Texans", LOL.
I had that same thought! I want to explore and meander back roads as long as possible. I know I'm not gonna be able to lift and move around the weight of the bikes forever.

It's fun on two wheels or four:

Well here's another video. This guy calls his the Cemetary Loop. Looks like decent route for bike or 4wheels. @Tourmeister if you happen to watch any of this or pull up this route, I'm wondering if any of these roads or on the route I did with you and @my6 a few years ago?

Well here's another video. This guy calls his the Cemetary Loop. Looks like decent route for bike or 4wheels. @Tourmeister if you happen to watch any of this or pull up this route, I'm wondering if any of these roads or on the route I did with you and @my6 a few years ago?

Some of them may be the same because they get out to the Davy Crockett NF area. I used to plan routes around cemeteries as well. My OLD US topo maps from around 2002 or so had a little blue dot on them for every cemetery, and they were EVERYWHERE! I would create routes by connecting the dots and stopping to visit the cemeteries. They were often very remote, small with maybe a family or two in them, and I even got chased away a few times. Some were hard to find. I even led a DS cemetery ride once where I led a small group to visit a bunch of cool little cemeteries that were off the beaten paths. It was a lot of fun!

Some of them may be the same because they get out to the Davy Crockett NF area. I used to plan routes around cemeteries as well. My OLD US topo maps from around 2002 or so had a little blue dot on them for every cemetery, and they were EVERYWHERE! I would create routes by connecting the dots and stopping to visit the cemeteries. They were often very remote, small with maybe a family or two in them, and I even got chased away a few times. Some were hard to find. I even led a DS cemetery ride once where I led a small group to visit a bunch of cool little cemeteries that were off the beaten paths. It was a lot of fun!
Let's do it again!!!!

...maybe my wife can bring her chase vehicle, lol

JT-30.jpg

Back