• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Looking to see if there interest in Bastrop area ride/skills lessons

freakmag

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Miller
I’ve got a pretty decent half paved half dirt loop around Elgin area with option for secret ride spot that many of you know plus I’ve got one mile single track loop on my property that could be good for maybe some big adv bike training. Trying to gauge interest in a ride day or even a tech day as we have full shop available also thoughts from the group?

See if this link works and if anyone interested in maybe Doug this Saturday?

Like this

Attachments

• IMG_4159.png
    IMG_4159.png
    497.3 KB · Views: 70
It’ll be little bike friendly maybe 5 miles of 65 mph roads

Let me see if I can get a kitchen pass …

This Saturday? I would join just for fun otherwise I go up to Llano area riding gravel. Please let me know if you guys plan to move forward with this.

I have a track in the archives that matches this one. As I was going through my last divorce I rode this solo quite a few times to clear my head. I lived in Bastrop for 10 years. I thought I was going to be buried there. Anyway

Park Rd 1C is the best road east of Austin in Texas. Paved, but still...

Before the trees burned in 2011 there were no sight lines, now the curves give a little warning. If you know the turns that road is so much fun...

No gonna lie your tracks started this for me ! It’s pretty neat riding around here one of our favorites is old sayers.

I'd sure like to see that track. I moved to Bastrop recently and like riding on the less traveled roads, but I haven't discovered all of them yet.

Thanks so much @freakmag I did have lots of fun and actually did not know that there is a decent amount of dirt in this area. Please hit me up again when you do this again happy to join.

Thanks for coming out was great morning for a ride. Now what to do for the next ride?

I'd sure like to see that track. I moved to Bastrop recently and like riding on the less traveled roads, but I haven't discovered all of them yet.
P.m me and I’ll put you in the right direction.

Next ride maybe spend more time in the dirt ? But depends on who likes to join I will just adopt to what people like to do open to about everything

But for my self definitely like to practice my big bike with the full weight just the way I will ride it on a tour. This way I get use to the way it handles with the weight anyways. Your idea idea to have a small practice area set up over time is something I could see people liking. I believe there are plenty big bike guys out there around Austin area who do not know where to exercise and train some skills that are not easy to train on paved roads. Would be probably also a nice day to come together and help out a little with a couple of beers of course 😂 I will find some good German stuff

Hmm maybe put together adv obstacle course here then I’ve got few ideas.

Got a mile of this mapped out think it could be fun

Back