• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost a close friend

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Hey I would definitely appreciate if you'll could pray for Barbara, Jaime, and Trent. My wife woke me up yesterday morning and told me Randy had died. I have known Randy and Barbara since I was in my teens and they were youth leaders at church. We spent holidays and weekend get togethers with them at the lake. I was adopted as a kid and when my parents died, they became like my adopted family. They were in Dallas for a 50th HS reunion and when Barbara came out of the hotel room bathroom, he was unresponsive lying on the floor. We suspect heart attack or stroke. He was pretty healthy at 71 prior to this and a constant worker bee. You would have to know Randy but he was a super smart guy and ran his own business. A patriarch to the family and a leader at church and among friends. I know I will really miss him and the family is hurting because of his loss. The few take aways is that he died quickly and we will all one day be reunited in Heaven.

RIP Randy and prayers all around. May His grace be upon you all. Sounds like a mighty man of God.

I appreciate the prayers and kind words and know they will too.

We had the burial on Monday and a Celebration of Life on Tuesday. No doubt sad but it was awesome seeing and hearing about how he touched so many lives. The wife and kids are doing OK but this coming week when they are alone might be harder. They all have a strong faith and that certainly helps. Thanks to everyone that said a prayer for them and me. They are like my adopted second family. I knew Randy for 40 years .

It takes a long time and a lot of cycles to get past the loss of a loved one. May God's peace that surpasses all understanding, and His comfort continue to reside with you and the family.

Sounds like a joyful celebration of a Faithful servant of God. Praying for you and the family's loss.

Sounds like a joyful celebration of a Faithful servant of God. Praying for you and the family's loss.
We are having dinner tomorrow night with them. The more I think about it, my buddy, Randy, got off way better than most. I am still sad he is gone but celebrate he is in heaven

Back