• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

MetrickMetal Custom Motorcycle Parts and Services

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I’m proud to finally announce the official start up of my new website www.MetrickMetal.com custom Metric motorcycle parts and services.

Many of you that visit the Bandit forum here have seen a lot of the custom parts and mods I have designed, built and installed on my own personal 07 Bandit 1250S and my new website already has a lot of those custom parts for the Bandit 1250 available with many more in the works.

I will be updating the product pictures and adding new products as well and improving the website in the coming weeks as my website will be an ongoing work In progress, so please check back here as well as on my website for newly added parts and product updates.

You can also contact me with any questions about my website or my custom parts at sales@metrickmetal.com

Thanks. El Bandito :rider:

livepreview.aspx

Last edited:
Re: Introducing www.MetrickMetal.com

Good looking site, good luck.
Let us know when you offer accessories for the FJR community.

I was wondering how long it would take you to get a site up. The things you make are simply beautiful! I just wish that you were a Strom owner instead of a Bandit owner. Think of all the wild stuff you could come up with for that ugly little bike.

I was wondering how long it would take you to get a site up. The things you make are simply beautiful! I just wish that you were a Strom owner instead of a Bandit owner. Think of all the wild stuff you could come up with for that ugly little bike.

Bill,
Don't be hating the bike or the game. :mrgreen:

Good for you, Scott. I hope you make millions. :clap:

I've seen your writeups and photos of the work you've done for your bike, and it's absolutely top-notch stuff. Hope you make good money off of it.

Re: Welcome to www.MetrickMetal.com

Hi everyone.

As probably some of you know from a past thread of mine in the Bandit Forum, I had been looking into finding an alternative to the stock rear brake master cylinder reservoir mainly to eliminate the ugly black rubber supply line that runs down to the master cylinder to go along with some other mods I was going to perform to simplify and clean up the area around the master cylinder on my Bandit 1250.

After mulling over a lot of options, I decided to proceed with designing up and machining a custom billet master cylinder inlet adapter that would attach to the master cylinder in place of the stock plastic inlet fitting, and which would accept a 15ml Brembo rear brake master cylinder reservoir that I purchased.

The reservoir adapter is machined out of one piece of aluminum and has an integral mounting bracket that the mounting tab on the Brembo reservoir attaches to. I also machined up a billet cover for the reservoir with a built in fluid level sight window, and the stem of the Brembo reservoir has been specially modified and it is sealed with a silicone o-ring.

I am really pleased with the results and how it has dramatically cleaned up the looks around the master cylinder, and my specially trimmed stock footpeg bracket that I had powder coated really lets the design of my new master cylinder reservoir stand out.

Along with this new master cylinder reservoir I also installed a new -3 steel braided brake line with new hold down clamps, a new Spiegler banjo bolt brake light switch and my new smoothed and powder coated stock rear brake caliper.

A bonus of eliminating the stock rear brake master cylinder reservoir was that it allowed me to machine up a custom billet holder for my Battery Tender plug, which now sits in the cutout in the left side cover.

I will be adding this new master cylinder reservoir and the Battery Tender plug bracket to my website shortly. :rider:

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

Both projects are very cool! The slot for the battery plug was already in the body work?

Both projects are very cool! The slot for the battery plug was already in the body work?

Hi Scott, and thanks!

The slot in the right side panel is the slot from which you view the fluid level in the stock master cylinder reservoir which resides behind the left side cover, although it's was pretty much useless for that as it was very hard to determine what the fluid level was as the reservoir sat back away from the slot.

The hard fluid level visibility of the stock reservoir and having to remove the side cover to check the fluid level or add fluid was also one of the reasons I went with a more accessible reservoir, plus it's looks so much better without that black rubber hose running down from behind the side cover down to the master cylinder. :rider:

Thanks

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind comments about my new business, and I plan to expand the parts I offer to cover other models of motorcycles. ;-)

Scott it is on the right side were the brake reservoir is located.

Bandito, very nice work. I like the new location and the use of the sight window for the plug. Will you be offering it in black to match the frame? I dislike chrome.

Scott it is on the right side were the brake reservoir is located.

Bandito, very nice work. I like the new location and the use of the sight window for the plug. Will you be offering it in black to match the frame? I dislike chrome.

Thanks.

That was a typo, and yes the stock reservoir is located under the right side cover.

Yes I will also be offering it in semi-gloss black, and it's not chrome but polished aluminum. ;-)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are you or have you built one for the front MC?

Maverick

Wow, very nice work Scott. You have some mad skills!

I finally got rid of the Black Box

I absolutely hated Suzuki’s idea of what they thought a license plate light should look like on the 1250’s with their big black protruding, boxy license plate light housing and kept thinking what were they thinking of when the designed it, as it surely wasn’t good looks. So shortly after buying my Bandit I improved the looks of the stock light by removing the spacer block which moved it in about 2” and improved the looks a lot, but it was still just a plain ugly looking square box to me, and doesn’t really go with anything else on the bike.

So after getting sick of looking at it again recently, I started looking around on the internet for a replacement, and finally came across a light a great looking little LED license plate light from superbrightleds,com for $5.95 plus $4.95 shipping.

It weighs next to nothing, and casts a extremely bright, cool looking white light. To mount it to the rear fender I had to make up a S/S adapter plate to cover up the flat area were the stock light mounted, as the new light was not quite big enough to cover up the factory cutout in the rear fender, plus I needed more support for the lexan housing of the light so that it would not get crack when I mounted it to the fender.

Since the cutout in the rear fender for the stock light assembly was to large for the 8/32 mounting screws on the new light I needed to make something to support the new light and S/S cover plate so that I would not be relying on clamping pressure to keep everything from moving around, as again I did not want to possibly crack the lexan housing by over tightening the mounting screws, so I came up with some special stepped aluminum washers.

IMG_1795.jpg

After first roughly checking the diameter of the cutouts in the rear fender for the stock light, I first machined up a test plug to get the diameter exactly the same for a snug fit in the holes, then I machined up two stepped aluminum washers that fit in the cutout from the back side of the rear fender, with the length of the small diameter about .010 less then the thickness of the fender so that it would not keep the light housing and S/S adapter plate from tightening down properly.

IMG_1799.jpg

The next thing I had to do to get the stepped washers to work was determine what the center to center distance of the two round holes in the fender were, as I had to drill a through hole in each washer for the mounting bolts to pass through, so after holding the washers in each of the holes on the outside of the fender, I measured the distance between the big ends of the washers, then added one diameter of the big end which is .875 to get the center to center distance between the two washers.

I then compared that measurement to the centerline of the mounting holes on the new light and found that they were .045 narrower then the holes in the fender, so I then set each washer up on my mill, and after indicating them in on center, I moved the mill table over .0225 and drilled the through holes for the mounting screws.

Since the through holes were now slightly eccentric, after installing the light housing and adapter plate and mounting screws to the outside of the fender, I placed the stepped washers from the back side of the fender over the screws and fitted them into the holes in the fender and secured them with nylon lock nuts and then rotated each washer around to align the adapter plate to the mounting surface on the fender, and then finished tightening the mounting screws.

I really think the new lights a big improvement over the stock light, and it really cleaned up the looks of the rear of the bike. Now onto the next project. :rider:

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

This picture doesn't do justice to how much it lights up the ground behind the bike which looks pretty cool.
IMG_1802.jpg

Re: I finally got rid of the Black Box

It was designed by the "legal" department.

You got it. Technically that bike is now illegal here in TX anyway. Not that anyone actually cares, but technically you have to have a rear facing reflector.

But I do agree, that really cleans up the tail of the bike. Looks awesome!

You got it. Technically that bike is now illegal here in TX anyway. Not that anyone actually cares, but technically you have to have a rear facing reflector.

But I do agree, that really cleans up the tail of the bike. Looks awesome!

Thanks.

I've got DOT approved red reflector I salvaged off of one of my old Harley license plate brackets, which is 3/4" wide and the width of the license plate, and I'm going to make a new taller aluminum backing plate to give me a flat surface to mount it to just above the license plate frame using some new double sided foam tape I have, and since it will be sitting right below my very bright LED license plate light should light also light up the reflector and make it look like a red light bar.

Then I'll be more than legal again, even in Texas. :rider:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I went ahead and machined up a new aluminum license plate backing plate so that I could attach a DOT approved red rear reflector I had left over from one of my Harleys I used to own. It was in great shape, and after removing the ugly white doubler sided tape, I mounted it to the new backing plate with some black 3M VHB double sided tape I have. :rider:

Since I was powder coating the new backing plate, I decided to powder coat the light adapter plate in semi-gloss black also which I think looks a lot better.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg136/hoggone/Bandit Parts/IMG_1857.jpg?t=1288032117

Last edited by a moderator:
Back