• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moto GP tickets

Goat10

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Vance
I am dead set on going to the COTA Moto GP in 2017, would anyone mind sharing where they got tickets from? Of course looking for a great deal. :lol2:

Thanks!

You might try craigs list or some resale deal. Otherwise just go to the ticket booth on raceday and buy a ticket.

The race isn't close to a sell out. I prefer tickets in T1. Others like the stadium section.

General Admission is really fine if you have a lawn chair, there's great viewing all around the track. One of the problems is that management closed the stands for the gen adm crowd even during practice and quals, so no one could move around from stand to stand to see where they'd like to sit during the race. Last time I was there they had fewer "security" so folks had an opportunity to sneak inside the stands.

No food or drink allowed. I think this is the only road course in the USA with those restrictions.

The bigger expense is the gouging for hotel rooms in area. Which also seems a little crazy since the GP probably doesn't pull 50k. Probably half a longhorn game. Since you're in San Antonio, I'll bet you'll ride there and not have the hassle.

I'd just walk up to gate and get a gen adm on Friday or Saturday and see what stands were open and then get a raceday ticket for the place I liked best. Since the viewing areas are so good you might be satisfied without a grandstand seat. The hairpin is a good view but there's no TV monitor there.

If you show up on raceday and want a seat, I'd get the cheapest in T1 and just move within the stand since once you're in there there is no separation from one section to the next.

Last edited:
COTA's website, buy single day ticket if you aren't going to be there all weekend long. Last year motorcycle parking was free.

We did the multi-turn pass last year & really enjoyed it. Spent qualifying watching the pits which was great but they go by so fast on the main straight that we decided watching the race would be damaging to the neck muscles. We watched the races from T-15 which is good because you can see so much of the circuit plus a very technical area (the safety car spun out in front of us) up close.

Also ride your bike there (I know, crazy to even have to say it), parking is free for bikes, not for cages. At least it was last year.
If CMA (Christian Motorcycles Association) is asked/allowed we will be operating the free gear check tents. That means gear storage, not security checks. So before you get to the gate stop by and drop off whatever you don't want to carry or leave on the bike. It is completely free. Just make sure to come back and pick up your stuff at the end of racing.

Also ride your bike there (I know, crazy to even have to say it), parking is free for bikes, not for cages. At least it was last year.
If CMA (Christian Motorcycles Association) is asked/allowed we will be operating the free gear check tents. That means gear storage, not security checks. So before you get to the gate stop by and drop off whatever you don't want to carry or leave on the bike. It is completely free. Just make sure to come back and pick up your stuff at the end of racing.

A fine gesture & thanks! We didn't ride last year as it was a late departure from Dallas & 2-up on a Friday night on I-35 seemed to be tempting fate a little.

This year we're coming down Thursday so will make a day of it (read: BBQ included).

A fine gesture & thanks! We didn't ride last year as it was a late departure from Dallas & 2-up on a Friday night on I-35 seemed to be tempting fate a little.

This year we're coming down Thursday so will make a day of it (read: BBQ included).

The track is mighty close to Lockhart.

The bigger expense is the gouging for hotel rooms in area.

Check AirBnB, they're a lot of place nearby reasonably priced (we got a house for $120 a night). If you look East you'll have a traffic advantage in & out of the track too.

Check AirBnB, they're a lot of place nearby reasonably priced (we got a house for $120 a night). If you look East you'll have a traffic advantage in & out of the track too.

I've got my place too. But most folks are getting gouged.

That sounds really great, will definitely try to take advantage of that!

Thanks for the heads up, got mine!!! Going to ride up if at all possible and take advantage of the Christian Motorcyclist Association gear check.

Super excited!

who cares?
go to the race get your ticket at the gate. Get there on Friday, get a gen adm ticket and walk around and figure out where you'd like to sit for the race.

I see no point buying tickets in advance even if I decide to go back.

Well, I splurged and bought BMW Corral tickets in Turn 12. For $10 more than a premium Turn 15 ticket I supposedly get premium parking, and a track lap. Never been on the track before so that may be worth $10.

Did the 3 day/3 seat pass again. This year they're making you pick which seats on which days but I doubt Friday/Saturday will be a problem wandering between them anyway.

I purchased T1 stands on race day. The cheaper grandstand tickets were just about as good as the expensive ones but I could sit wherever I wanted in the grandstands.

I would only purchase a seat on race day. I'd walk the track on Friday and Saturday, get some photos from the bridge, take on the pits and displays and find the area I liked best for race day. T1 was my favorite grandstand, the hairpin offers a great view for no extra cost Gen Adm.

Anyway, having been to three GPs, that's what I can share.

Now riding with the Beemer crowd or Ducati Island is another issue. That might be pretty cool.

Since we're flying down from Southeast Alaska we're doing the 3-day T15 thing. Also bought a couple of paddock passes that we'll be sharing with some relatives that are going. I've read some folks don't think paddock passes are worth it but since we're sharing them (along with the cost) with some others they become cheaper. Really looking forward to it!

Back