• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Routes - West Houston/Katy etc.

I never really thanked @blupupher for this ... I live in Katy so this is my go to for a quick ride. When I first started riding here after many years of not riding, this is where I started from. Over the last couple of years I have created versions of this from 1 hr to 3 hr and they have all been so much fun.

If you go just a little bit further to the NE, there are fun paved roads near Lake Livingston, and then just beyond the lake there is FM 350, 3152, 942, 1745, 352, and 1987. I've not been out there recently so if it is like many other places, new homes and businesses are being built like crazy as people move out/away from Houston. Many of my favorite dirt roads are being ruined by "improvements" :roll:

There are also paved roads North of Huntsville that are fun: FMs 2346, 1119, 811, 1511, 831, 977, 3, 1452, 2289, to name a few.

It has to be tough living anywhere in Houston and wanting to do anything other than cruise up and down busy streets! Huntsville is a good jumping off point for a lot of decent dirt and paved riding, at least by Texas standards ;-)
There are many good curvy roads just west and NW of Houston. We ride every weekend and meet at the Waller Bucees.

Reading all of these great suggestions, thanks blupupher for all of the great ideas. Can't wait to go ride some of these roads!

Back