• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My H-D Pan America Nightmare

precisely why I bought a VStrom 800DE. Just enough electronic gadgetry, along with Suzuki boring reliabilty. :)

Would you think an S10 would overlap too much, or be a welcome addition to the garage for longer distance riding?
Possibly too much over lap. It depends on your riding, size 1 up 2 up etc. In my old age, my S10 will be used almost exclusively on blacktop. I have smaller bikes for dirtier work.

They are very reliable and tough. Used they are pretty affordable. There are lots of 100K mile bikes still running around. Steve Reno in Iowa has almost 350K and counting on his 2012.

Just visited a friend in Bandera weekend before last. Has one of the first 2021 models with the heritage paint scheme. He loves that bike. Said he's had no issues whatsoever with it. That said, he also said he stopped visiting the PA forums because all he heard was whining and complaining about their bikes. He finally started a "Who's happy with their PA' thread and said posts came poured in. It so typical of most of us, myself included, to post with gripes and be silent with props.

I have to say, while I had the PA, it was OK, but I think the competition (KTM, Triumph, BMW, and Honda among the many) have bikes that have a better build quality. That was one of my major complaints. It just didn't feel like a $20K machine. I will say though, that the one time it had to go into Central Texas HD, they didn't treat it any differently than a bagger. It was another HD product and they were fine servicing it. Sorry for your ordeal. Watching to see how the buy back goes.

Back