• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Since it will be my first time riding with y'all, do I need to be 5 minutes late, only have 1/16th of a tank of fuel and low tire pressures? I know that is traditional for new people but, I am OK with being prepared and on time if it is OK with you guys.

:-)
Totally unacceptable! Please have at least one condition of unreadiness.

Whew! Awesome ride today! Great send off for Steve! Thanks for leading yet again. We'll miss you down here in Texas, but wishing you the best!!
IMG_20220403_134934204_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220403_083947927_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220403_135012479_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220403_083937563_HDR.jpg

It was my pleasure meeting DonQuixote, Rusty Shackelford & synthlegend today and good to see you again SilverBullet.

Blue, I enjoyed another great ride and all my best to you & yours moving to Kentucky. Thanks all for being patient while I tagged up, hope it wasn't much of a delay.

Looking forward to next time . . . :thumb:

Had a great time today. The weather was perfect (after the fog lifted). A bit of a logistics challenge getting connected with Just Curtis, but as it turned out , it delayed things a bit so that we hit the curves just as the fog lifted. Turned out to be perfect timing! 224 without a single cager interfering. A great day. Big thanks to Rusty Shackleford, DonQixote, and Synthlegend for joining it. It was great to see that Silverbullet got the finicky clutch under control. Great weather, a good burger, and great compadres. It's days like this that I will miss.

I will be glad to share any of my route files if anybody needs them, and if you're headed my way... let me know! Maybe we can get a ride together out in KY!

Bikes at Whataburger.jpg

Bikes at TX Burger 2.jpg

Light Check !
Just my stand-out observations from Sunday's ride.

DonQuixote
Your turn signal either doesn't have a cancellation or, IMO, it's excessively long.
Nothing specific stands out on brake light and you never followed me.

Rusty
Your brake and signal lights are bright & easily seen, even in direct sunlight.
Nothing specific stands out from when you followed me.

synthlegend
At your *normal* following distance, unless you were directly behind me on level road, I could not see any forward running lights. As you neared it got better but I can't hazard a guess on distances. Turn signals are readily visible.
You never followed me.

I'm happy to hear of good or bad comments on my lighting. :thumb:

Last edited:
Anyone in Houston doing a ride over the long weekend?
Taking the KTM out tomorrow morning for some gravel/dirt. Doing a ride with a couple of other guys. I don't know what the terrain is exactly, but it's a loop out from Summerville towards Cameron area. I'm sure you'd be welcome.

Taking the KTM out tomorrow morning for some gravel/dirt. Doing a ride with a couple of other guys. I don't know what the terrain is exactly, but it's a loop out from Summerville towards Cameron area. I'm sure you'd be welcome.
I appreciate the offer, but I signed up to ride with the motohouston crazies tomorrow in Waller. They are open to just about anyone who can keep up. Will be a good test for me and the Tiger.

Humble, here. Currently enjoying 3 of my favorite toys in Utah :)

Back