• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need for Creede 2

Reaction score
First Name
William
Last Name
Rich
For the second year in a row we’ve been fortunate enough to have access to a wonderful cabin in scenic Creede Colorado. Let the dual sport action begin!

We’re outta here! Adios Texas heat!

IMG_7079.jpeg

Fourteen hours later…

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

On day one we decided to pick up from last year by finishing Rat Creek Loop and bagging San Luis Pass.

IMG_7086.jpeg

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7102.jpeg

We had more unfinished business from last year off Pool Table road. It was closed for logging at Hanson’s Mill. This year it was open to Wheeler Peak.
IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7066.jpeg

Fantastic views of the Rio Grande river.

IMG_7068.jpeg

IMG_7116.jpeg

IMG_7067.jpeg

Past Hanson’s Mill the road became awesome. The forest was thinned out and high speeds were recommended!

IMG_7072.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg

IMG_7069.jpeg

IMG_7070.jpeg

IMG_7064.jpeg

We intended to have lunch in South Fork following the Alder trails down the mountain so we had to take El Blanco instead of Wheeler Peak.

IMG_7119.jpeg

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7129.jpeg

South Fork down below.

IMG_7128.jpeg

My sidestand bolt fell out right when we stopped for a break. Lucky me!

IMG_7075.jpeg

Agua Ramon road was steep and challenging to say the least!

You are here.

IMG_7079.jpeg

We finished up the day on West Alder single track. We were in over our heads, haha!

Ok, so some amazing pictures, and I need to sit and start watching the videos, but what really amazed me was this...

My sidestand bolt fell out right when we stopped for a break. Lucky me!

You mean to tell me, that on a ride with a Yamaha and two KTM's, you had a bolt come out of the kickstand, and it was NOT one of the KTM kickstands? Unbelievable!!!

Ok, so some amazing pictures, and I need to sit and start watching the videos, but what really amazed me was this...

You mean to tell me, that on a ride with a Yamaha and two KTM's, you had a bolt come out of the kickstand, and it was NOT one of the KTM kickstands? Unbelievable!!!
Thankfully that was the worst problem we had all week. No flats! One KTM had sticky clutch lever, it was just over tightened. I've heard plenty about KTM kickstand blues, ha!

For those of us not lucky enough to have access to a cabin…the next best option is the “Snowshoe Lodge” right in the middle of town. The owners…Shane & Jennifer…moved to Creede a few years ago from Vernon, TX. Unlike many businesses in CO…they actually enjoy Texans coming up to ride bikes. We’ve gone there for 5 years. It’s easy walking to all the places to eat & drink.

Mudclod, i appreciate the ride along

no longer able to even breathe up there so the only mountains i get are thru riders like you who share their pics

sw

For those of us not lucky enough to have access to a cabin…the next best option is the “Snowshoe Lodge” right in the middle of town. The owners…Shane & Jennifer…moved to Creede a few years ago from Vernon, TX. Unlike many businesses in CO…they actually enjoy Texans coming up to ride bikes. We’ve gone there for 5 years. It’s easy walking to all the places to eat & drink.
Thanks for the tip. What a great town to walk around in!

Mudclod, i appreciate the ride along

no longer able to even breathe up there so the only mountains i get are thru riders like you who share their pics

sw
You’re welcome! Each year I go I find it harder to breathe. This year was rough.

I know! I had to look twice!

The next day was a sight seeing day. The “ground” was the sight, and I did a lot of seeing it!
We started out at scenic North Clear Creek Falls. I’ve been by it many times and never stopped.

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

We crossed North Clear Creek several times. The most challenging creek of the trip.

IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

IMG_7211.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

Shortly thereafter I spotted a coin on Bristol Head road and stopped to retrieve it.

IMG_7098.jpeg

IMG_7151.jpeg

I honestly don’t know what happened. A straight stretch of easy road and the shoulder just sucked me in!
After a couple minutes of walking it off, we were off to scenic Crystal Lake.

IMG_7102.jpeg

Probably the most fun road of the trip.

We finally hit some rain and took refuge in the trees to try the time tested donning of the rain suit. As soon as we put them on it quit raining, ha!

IMG_7154.jpeg

IMG_7155.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg

We ate good that night.

IMG_7114.jpeg

Post crash libations.

IMG_7105.jpeg

Shortly thereafter I spotted a coin on Bristol Head road and stopped to retrieve it.
I shall have to remember this one.

We finally hit some rain and took refuge in the trees to try the time tested donning of the rain suit. As soon as we put them on it quit raining, ha!
This rule applies at least 3X in Colorado.

To finish up the week we hit the scenic Bachelor Loop. Considering it was a holiday traffic was unusually light.

IMG_7160.jpeg

IMG_7159.jpeg

Up near Bachelor mountain.

IMG_7167.jpeg

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_7169.jpeg

IMG_7112.jpeg

Back down the mountain for a farewell dinner.

IMG_7113.jpeg

Did I mention that we ate good!

IMG_7175.jpeg

Thanks Todd for providing the outstanding lodge once again and Dan for dependable transportation.

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7106.jpeg

IMG_7170.jpeg

Back