• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need help. What size bike should I get?

The 600 cruisers will do at least 95 as my 200lbs self has gotten one up there before. The problem of power for two up riding only becomes an issue when you factor in hills, mountains, higher elevations, or wind gusts. There have been several times where my brother was unable to do freeway speeds due to wind or incline on his shadow 600 when he was the only rider. Plus the 750 shadow is much more stable and than the squirly 650.

I don't know where you guys are getting those numbers. I saw 100 on mine, not that I was thrilled with the wind blast. You guys DID know the transmission was a 5 speed, not just 4, right?
:mrgreen:

That said... I remember going out on a ride with a buddy who had a Thunderbird Sport. He was probably 50 pounds heavier than me, AND had his wife on the back. I'd always felt like the 650 got up and moved pretty well in traffic until the first time he just took off and left me behind.

A while later when I'd traded the V-Star for a SV650, he said "Man, I liked it better when you were slow!"
:rofl:

Mine would run 90 to 95 with just me on it. the 70 was crusing speed. Like I said it was noisy, it prefered 45or 50.

Back