• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oct. 1st DS North Texas

I am all for making it safer. A challenging course is good, but the more dangerous spots could be worked on. I would be up for helping.

Don

GetBent said:
I wonder if anyone would be opposed to removing some of the larger more dangerous obstacles from the trail. As in, the large tree, ties with the spikes stiking out, etc. I don't want to make it easier, just safer. Maybe even just take some flags to mark the larger washouts off to the side. Just an idea.

Sure then the next thing you are going to want is a Starbucks somewhere along the trail.... ;)

Just kidding Jim.

I know the Railroad ties you are talking about. I think they might be in the section where all the traps are. as for the tree maybe I will remember some bright paint. Otherwise we need a chain saw for that bad boy!!

Mike Green

Nice ride report and pics guys. Some neat lookin' DS bikes too! The weather couldn't have been better either!

>>I wonder if anyone would be opposed to removing some of the larger more dangerous obstacles from the trail. As in, the large tree, ties with the spikes stiking out, etc. I don't want to make it easier, just safer. Maybe even just take some flags to mark the larger washouts off to the side. Just an idea<<

Challenging is fun, but dangerous is another thing all together. Marking some of the more dangerous areas is a good idea. Remember though, in an area like that it is much better to ride slow and safe the first pass and then let her rip going back. The trail can change daily since some people don't want bikes back there and they will build dangerous areas to keep you out. Mike is right, there could easily be trails put in beside the track and a few jumps put in. :eek2:

billyji said:
You KLR guys always impress me.

Hey guys....

Just thought I'd let you know that yesterday I was thinking of you and went to the hardware store to get a 10' piece of 3/8" OD clear tubing so I will be TOTALLY prepared next time I ride with you. I'd like to be able to share a portion of my 6 gallons of go-juice if need be.....

:trust:

Bullfrog, you are a true gentleman. Hope to make it you way soon and enjoy your trails.

Bullfrog,

About time, that bike you ride was looking pretty light on supplies and tools. Looks like you still need to get a welder on the back and bench vise on the front fender.:rider:

You must have been a boyscout, you are prepared for anything!
:clap:

Great riding with you, hope we can do it again.

Back