• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OEM Parts Resources

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
for a possible sticky:

A list of links for online microfiche for various manufacturer's OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts catalog. These have "exploded parts diagrams" for the various bike systems and show part numbers:

Bike Bandit (BMW, HD, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Truimph, Yamaha, others)

Ron Ayers (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha)

MR Cycle (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha)

D&S Cycle (Honda, Kawasaki)

...others...

Note: You don't see real micro-fiche (pronounced "fish") much anymore but they used to be page-sized transparent images that were used mainly by auto-parts houses and dealers for locating model-year parts. Each "fiche" contained hundreds of pages of small images that had to be magnified to view. There was a "micro-fiche" viewer that allowed you to index (row-column) the proper page and view it. This is all done electronically now. Microform

That's a start...

I have that one bookmarked but chose to not include it since it only serves one make of bike. I have used them a couple of times with good results.

Hi,
For ordering BMW parts, I agree with Hammersley BMW and Chicago BMW. If you want to see the parts fiche, though, go to www.realoem.com.
Regards,
Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3

Ron Ayers has recently revamped their online microfiche and is now a much better interface for all the Japenese bike parts.....Jack

Wow, just looked at powersports prices. Compared to flat out they are significantly higher. Not a real proponent of either one, but just looking at prices flatout is much better.

I have accounts with several OEM resellers but the problem is, I only do a limited amount of business and don't receive much in the way of discount and most of the cheapo OEM parts places make it up by gouging on shipping. When I need any OEM part, I send the part number to www.z1enterprises.com and they get me the part; usually for a lot less and with better customer service.

I went into TJ's in Austin the other day and was shocked to see they still used microfiche.

Well you gotta admit - probably nobody's ever told you they couldn't look a part for you because the microfiche is down.

Back