• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Picked up a new bike this weekend

Reaction score
Traded in the GS for an Aprilia Tuareg 660. Got a decent amount on the trade in, so I can add some farkles. The bike is exactly what I wanted. It's at least 100 lbs lighter than my GS, has cruise, riding modes, color display, tubeless, and has enough HP. Love the bike, but it puts out a lot of heat on my legs. I need to figure that piece out.

Thought I would share.

Collin

Bike.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride. What's the HP on that? My F800GT puts a lot of heat out. It's annoying in the summer.

I think it has 80hp. I am going to do a full exhaust on it. The demo they have at AF1 Racing had the full system and no I couldnt feel any extra heat.

Great looking bike! Love the red and black. Maybe an exhaust and a little more fueling will help with the heat some.

I'm pretty sure the heat comes from the front mounted Cat in order to mee Euro 5. A full exhaust should fix the heat issue. I thought about doing it on my T7 but I plan on riding Europe at some time and I'm afraid some countries want let me in without doing emissions. Also, you'll need a remap for your ECU.

Let us know how you enjoy the bike after you put some miles on it.

Last edited:
Exhaust gasses are 700 to 1000 degrees F for an average . The catalytic converter only takes longer to cool off .
I have removed many from motorcycles of all makes / models and the benefit was weight reduction solely . However the running of said machine anywhere near a lightly closed area , ( examples garage door open , parking garage , next to a fence , or opened up enclosed trailer ) made for exhaust that was instantly foul.

Great example FJR1300 with four cats . two in the header , and one in each end can . Main header temp was only reduced by 20 degrees at head pipe .
Temps was still nearly 400 F .

Factory looks to of added nice heat shields . if you dont like riding pants try long socks under jeans .
A good test on a 80 degree day ride your bike in the neighborhood wearing shorts once it is fully warmed up . then you will feal the Heat lol

I have an appointment to have an Akra exhaust system, headers and slip on. I’ll try it without a new mapping, but will go the UpMap route if I’m not happy.

Beautiful Italiano, I will be that bad person who asks how much it costs?

Back