• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Piddling and Roaming

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
I take many pictures while roaming either by bike or walking. Last year the wife bought me a fairly good tripod that I never had out of the bag. This morning at 3AM I walk outside to a bright and shiney moon. So. Time to play with the tripod and see what I could do with the Canon XS50 on full zoom. Finale settings were Manual mode, manual focus, 1/250 , F8. 2 sec delay
Crop and a few tweaks via LR6 and this is the product.
IMG_0395-1-4.jpg

I was up early today and the news guy said something about the moon still being up. I was tempted, but was more interested in my breakfast. Nice job. I've done some hand held moon shots, but it was usually lucky if something came out. Tripod makes a big difference.

I've done pretty good hand held with my 3Ti and the 55-250 lens at 250mm. But that little SX50 at 1200mm is beyond my hand's steadiness. LOL. Even propped up against the house.

A quick Galaxy 3 shot of my newest ride. A '95 Corvette. Like I don't have enuff stuff to maintain already. Heck, at 73 yrs old, may as well have fun with life. Sportcars and Motorcycles and Boats. LOL
95%20Corvette.jpg

A quick Galaxy 3 shot of my newest ride. A '95 Corvette. Like I don't have enuff stuff to maintain already. Heck, at 73 yrs old, may as well have fun with life. Sportcars and Motorcycles and Boats. LOL
95%20Corvette.jpg

If you were 93, I'd say just stay parked in the Vette , why bother leaving.:lol2:

Sad part is so many younger than I and many I knew. Funny how you walk past a grave and see the name and the person's face pops into your head.

Sad part is so many younger than I and many I knew. Funny how you walk past a grave and see the name and the person's face pops into your head.

So true, I swear half my friends have gone on. My wife and I visit old cemeteries , there is a lot of interesting history in them. The two dates on headstones or memorials tell how long a person occupied their earth suits. The dash between is the history of their occupation. This is the story of their lives and how they affected others and how they will be remembered, as well as what they left behind that is eternal.
I've never seen a U-Haul behind a hearse. Two poor men were watching a funeral procession of a wealthy gentleman go by. One said, man he had a lot of wealth, wonder how much he left behind. His friend said, "I suppose all of it."
We can leave friends and love ones behind, to join us later. The birth rate is exactly equal to the death rate. Hebrews 9:27 It is appointed unto man to die once, but after this the judgment. That's great news, we only have to do it once.
We know when we have enough , when we can meet our needs, and those of another in need.
That's a good looking dog you got there, I bet he is real smart.

Last edited:
95%20Corvette.jpg

Love it! I have had several vettes over the years. One of the ones I miss most is my 96. My wife never liked the C4 vettes but they were a favorite of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great moon shot! 1200mm is 'wowzer'!

We had an Arabian purebred horse named Moonshot. Born on the day of the first launch to the moon with folks on-board.

Da Luce is a 7 yr old smooth skin, long leg, rat terror. For years, she didn't bark at anything. Now, it depends on the people and if they are walking a dog. If she recognizes the vehicle or person, she has a certain pitch whine. And, a very very spoiled little furry person.
NitroCoCapLuci11Jan14.jpg

I didn't know the breed, but that's what we want is a rat Terrier, are they good house dogs too?

Very much so and train very fast. Of course she's super spoiled.

This experiment did not do to well as I decide to see what would happen in the Shutter speed mode and lock it in at 1/100 and take a few pics while roaming on the Bandit . The speed was in the 50 to 60 mph range and my G16 was the instrument of choice.
Heavy into the rice production at present around here and always old , abandon homes to admire and wonder about their stories.
Next time I'm gonna just try locking in at 1/500 and see how that goes.
2016%207%2031%207_1280_x_1024.jpg

2016%207%2031%205_1280_x_1024.jpg

2016%207%2031%201_1280_x_1024.jpg

Side note is that I generally just shoot in the P mode when rolling about.

Andrus, I actually like the first one of the 3. Has the feeling of time moving on, yet the house is stuck in time.

Back