• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pony Express idea, anyone?

IN!

I'm probably going to get some stuff from Amazon soon, I can go ahead and get it at the same time.

Count me in.

On STn, it's not a set time to get it to the next person, just when both parties can cross paths.
Moved fast initially and then in spurts, with lots of down time in between.

Count me in.

On STn, it's not a set time to get it to the next person, just when both parties can cross paths.
Moved fast initially and then in spurts, with lots of down time in between.

I imagine that it will happen like that in this case as well... I've got some ideas to possibly help it from stalling out.

I like the hat, but if you do that, make it a Resistol, and get some corporate sponsorship for prizes. Or, make it a large toy doll, and make it a benefit for abused children, and riders can recruit charity sponsors by the mile. I like it. Reserve the Kerrville to Ozona, Abilene or Bastrop leg for me.

I like the hat, but if you do that, make it a Resistol, and get some corporate sponsorship for prizes. Or, make it a large toy doll, and make it a benefit for abused children, and riders can recruit charity sponsors by the mile. I like it. Reserve the Kerrville to Ozona, Abilene or Bastrop leg for me.

I would like to adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle, just have it be something fun and ongoing. Just look at the tagging games, they have their spurts of furious activity along with periods of less than energetic action.

So... I'm about to get something from Amazon, if nobody speaks up (specifically the OP), I'll go ahead and get the plush pie. Heck, we could make the first hand-off in Conroe!

Let's do this thing, folks! With the hat, I was thinking about listing some cities/landmarks that "the hat wanted to visit" and letting it make its way slowly about the state. I say that if you get the pie, you set it on whatever course that you want and choose how we're doing it.

I'm just excited to get something going.

I agree that pie runs will be a great opportunity for this to get some exposure and gain more participation.

I might have some good ideas along the lines of the hat being a good fundraiser. Currently, I don't have an abundance of free time, but if someone would be interested in adding something like that to this, I think we could set up a paypal account and offer donations for destinations (e.g. I'll donate $20 if someone can get it to me in Podunk, TX on the 17th). I say we do that and eventually auction off the hat turning over proceeds to some charity. Again, I'm talking a big game, but I would only be able to offer support should someone want to straw-boss this.

Otherwise, we can table it until I get my ducks into neater rows (I'm traveling a lot for work right now).

Did we decide what we are calling the pie? Is there already such thing as aRoad-pie?

We need to get video of that thing riding in Bobs Ural

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well, just ordered the plush pie, so hopefully the 2 day shipping gets it in before I head out for the weekend... If Bob brings his Ural, we could do it this weekend.

Two boxes showed up at my back door... I need to get set up for tonight, but will try to upload photos before heading out.

Here is a series of photos from when Mr. Pie was taken out of the box to his newest piece of bling!

I won't be able to check in here, but I'll have him at the Conroe Pie Run tomorrow, so if you want in on this, come on up and introduce yourself! I'll be in a one-piece hi-vis suit on a red VFR, soft bags, and possibly a big yellow dry bag. Or just holler for "Steve" or XCGates.

No firm rules have been put out yet, but I think that's good. However here are some ground rules

-Use it as an excuse to go meet someone, whether they are around the corner from you, or on the other side of the state
-Take a photo of Mr. Pie somewhere you normally go, restaurant, work, etc.
-Take a photo when you transfer Mr. Pie to someone else. Remember, no photos, it didn't happen!

Nice! :clap:

Personally, I'd like to see Mr Pie (does he need the 'e'? Yes, I'm a nerd) travel primarily by bike. Excursions in other modes of transport are cool, historic plane ride, hot air balloon, steam train, etc, but transfers should happen on bikes.
Basically, if you can get there by bike, do so, otherwise, okay.

Just my 2cents.

Hopefully I can meet Mr Pie sometime soon :rider:

Mr. Pi(e) has been handed off to BeemerBob, so if he doesn't meet anyone before the Pie Town Invasion, look for him to get handed off there!

I'll start a new thread (if Bob hasn't already) to trim the beginning fluff, I'm just too tired to do it now. Haven't even unpacked or anything!

(Also have several pics of him from the weekend)

If we do the charity thing, I am willing to set up the paypal account to to this. I don't have a preference to the charity except one that gives most of its dollars to the cause. I'm not thrill about some of these organizations that are so out of control that less than half of what you gives goes to those in need.

If so, I would like to be the first to offer $20 + slice of pie to pick up Mr Pie Sun-Weds, ~100-200 miles from Georgetown.

Darn! Late to the party again :doh: I'm in. :mrgreen: I like the idea of traveling atleast 50 miles from your home to deliver and pick up Mr. Pie. :rider:

Bob, if you still have it in Roswell I'll pick up Mr. Pie and have Spank deliver him to Pie Town.

Well he I am stuffing my face at the “Pie in the Sky” when I am bequeathed with a fuzzy pie by Squeaky and told that I am “It”
Lt-Pie-M.jpg

Unbeknown to me, there is a new game in town (Pony Express) and as I understand the rules, I am to take this hunk of fuzz with me on my journeys and then pass him off to another TWTer at a pie run.

It seems that while in Lt. X-butterbar’s possession he shared his recent promotion with the fuzzy pie, so it is now Lt. Pie, but this pie is a nerd, so I have renamed him to Lt. Pi.
016-M.jpg

While at “Pie in the Sky”, Lt. Pi posed with the staff
005-M.jpg

After Pie, Lt. Pi, The Great White Hunter (My dog) and I returned to the Crazy Bob campsite at Huntsville State Park. I have to put Lt. Pi in the cargo area of the sidecar because Hunter kept trying to eat him.

Lt. Pi and Hunter did eventually make friends and here is Lt. Pi cuddling with Hunter.
006-M.jpg

In the morning, we invite Lt. Pi for breakfast. He thought that was fine until all of a sudden, Dave La Chef grabs him.
013-M.jpg

Lt. Pi did not understand that he was not only invited for breakfast, but he was breakfast. Here Dave La Chef stuffs him into the camp oven.
015-M.jpg

Fresh warm bluebrry pie for breakfast! Ummmm boy!
RIP Lt. Pi.

:sun:

After Pie, Lt. Pi, The Great White Hunter (My dog) and I returned to the Crazy Bob campsite at Huntsville State Park. I have to put Lt. Pi in the cargo area of the sidecar because Hunter kept trying to eat him.

Lt. Pi and Hunter did eventually make friends and here is Lt. Pi cuddling with Hunter.
006-M.jpg

I'm sorry, but this really doesn't look like happy cuddling to me. This really looks more like "Dad told me no, but when he turns around, I'm going to rip into the pie!" to me.

Note the dark knee in the pic, that's evidence of me staying just out of frame, having held his hungry mouth away from Mr. Pi(e).:lol2:

Mr. Pie and myself are fissin to head over to Pie Town, NM for an unofficial pie run. Mr. Pie tries out the sidecar.
x18-M.jpg

Mr. Pie's moto is "Safety First", so he he tests his new DOT approved crash dew rag.
011-M.jpg

In case of a mishap and he hits the pavement, the dew rag will keep his blueberries from spilling out.

As we plan our trip, we read about the fires in New Mexico and Mr. Pie becomes concerned about the smoke engulfing many parts of the state. Mr. Pie is sensitive to smoke, so he procures some additional gear for protection.
015-M.jpg

We head out in the morning. If anyone wants to follow our trip, watch us at www.BeemerBob.com

I think Lt. Pie has spent time in the Internets reading of your earlier exploits in NM and of the recent fires too. I thinking "blueberries" might be spilling out of his other end. Y'all ride safe!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sjbul1
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.

I am currently doing CDR with limited cell phone or wifi access. Therefore it will be too difficult for me to update pictures of Mr. Pie's travel for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

But because I can develop a blog trip report offline and then upload when I have service, please refer to my blog (www.BeemerBob.com)

The first two days of my current trip are primarily about Mr. Pie. Lots of pictures of Mr. Pie.

Mr. Pie was transferred to another set of riders to take him Pikes Peak.

Mr Pie has been buisy!

on top of Pikes Peak (sitting on sign resting)
coloradoadventure007.jpg

outside Victor CO. fixing to head down Phantom canyon road.
coloradoadventure034.jpg

Mr. Pie at the midway point on the Royal Gorge bridge as see from below.
(you have to look realy realy close to see him)
coloradoadventure074.jpg

and today on way back home Mr. Pie decided he wanted to try out bull riding.
002.jpg

Back