• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - IT'S TIME!!! w00t!

Re: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - Mark your calendar!

w00t! Glad everyone is posting up and signing up!

Also...apologies for the GINORMOUS image above. Holy cannoli... Tapatalk does crazy things to pictures.

I'm happy to say the email system is functioning again so you'll get a confirmation receipt immediately. Preparations are being mad in the usual mad fashion and it's sure to be another great time!

There's room for everyone on the mountain so tell your friends! Or even people you don't like because the mountain can make amazing things happen :-D

...Friday's Tiddler is planned as an on/off pavement group ride....

Last year we tried to Tiddle up a to the peaks of a couple of small mountains to old firetower locations, but both roads were closed by the Forest Service, I suspect due to erosion concerns. So this year, we'll try to follow the upper end of the Cossatot River on our morning ride, but with the possibility a side trip up one mountain peak.

Twill be a most excellent tiddle any way you go [emoji106]

Okay, bit of a last minute thing, but my wife and I plus some friends decided we want to go to this. I called the Queen Wilhelmina state Park lodge to see if we can reserve any rooms, but the operator tells me they are fully booked, we hate camping so just wondering if anyone could recommend any other hotels near the event that we could try?

Thanks

Gary

Okay I went ahead and reserved at the Ozark Inn in Mena, I will be coming with my wife and 3 other friends on road bikes. Have never really been to a rally before so no idea what to expect. Is there any advantage in registering for the rally now? or just wait until we arrive and register on the 13th?

Any suggestions or advice?

Gary

Finally registered, looking forward to another great event!!

Gary, it will be good to see you again. I'll leave it to Kat to tell you which is better as far as registration.

Okay I went ahead and reserved at the Ozark Inn in Mena, I will be coming with my wife and 3 other friends on road bikes. Have never really been to a rally before so no idea what to expect. Is there any advantage in registering for the rally now? or just wait until we arrive and register on the 13th?

Any suggestions or advice?

Gary

Hi, Gary! We are ALL about the last minute and I am so happy you've decided to come out!

First, if you want to try the lodge again, you need to call them directly and then tell them you're with the rally. They block out rooms for us and the general 800phone number people don't see them as available, nor do they take the discount/group rate information. The Queen Wilhelmina folks will take care of you, though!

Second, it really helps if you register online even if you wait to pay when you get there. We plan food and all kinds of things based on registration. Since we fly by the seat of our pants on a lot of things, we adjust as we go but it definitely helps, especially if you're arriving Thursday. So if you would, please do register now!

So happy you'll be there! I hope your daughter is healing well (side note...)

Hi, Gary! We are ALL about the last minute and I am so happy you've decided to come out!

First, if you want to try the lodge again, you need to call them directly and then tell them you're with the rally. They block out rooms for us and the general 800phone number people don't see them as available, nor do they take the discount/group rate information. The Queen Wilhelmina folks will take care of you, though!

Second, it really helps if you register online even if you wait to pay when you get there. We plan food and all kinds of things based on registration. Since we fly by the seat of our pants on a lot of things, we adjust as we go but it definitely helps, especially if you're arriving Thursday. So if you would, please do register now!

So happy you'll be there! I hope your daughter is healing well (side note...)

Okay have registered Sylvie and myself, will ask the other 3 to also register.. I really didn't want to try contacting the lodge again, I had to call 3 different times the last time (the automated system kept transferring me to a central number that seemed to deal with all state parks not just Ozark and the lady suggested trying different options to find someone) before I managed to talk with someone and they were not very helpful, will stick with the hotel that we have.
See you soon!!

Gary

Last edited:

Huh, I called the park directly and pushed option 2 it went straight to the front desk. People were very nice and helpful.
It will be good to see you again. It came over to the first aid class at your house.
Mike

Huh, I called the park directly and pushed option 2 it went straight to the front desk. People were very nice and helpful.
It will be good to see you again. It came over to the first aid class at your house.
Mike

Looking forward to seeing you again!! We already put the first aid training into practice when my daughter broke her arm on our CDR ride last month!!

Gary

Is this the number you called?

479-394-2863

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That was the number I called..

Yes, you call the park number option #2, and give our discount code or just tell them you are with us.

We only handle tent camping directly. The park manages the RV and lodge spaces but the central reservation office does not have the group information.

I just got a message from the Queen Wilhelmina folks that there are r rooms and several RV sites available under our discount.

The rate will be available until August 31 so if you are thinking about, now is a great time to get settled!

We are registered.

Might want to change the title of the thread from “mark your calendars” or similar to “register now!”

I’ll call Monday and see if I can get the discount applied retroactively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly we are officially out. Though we might be able to make it. But looks like it’s not going to occur this year. You folks have a nice time. Perhaps next year.

Sadly we are officially out. Though we might be able to make it. But looks like it’s not going to occur this year. You folks have a nice time. Perhaps next year.

I will miss you and Thee Saint! And Hunter, of course :-)

Back