• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride planned...May 28, 2011

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Slonaker
Hey all...this is my bad. I thought Rick said May 28, but it is May 21...a week earlier because of his school. Thought I would let you know now.

OK all...I have one complete set of routes (Plan A) made up and you can see them here... http://shooteraod.dyndns.org/trips and get an idea of everything. This is not totally firm...just a guide. Some days, we will put down the miles and other days will be easy miles. Either way, there will be alot to see. This is a full 10 day ride, leaving out at 7 AM on May 21, 2011. The routes and where I have listed places to stop are just minimum distances. If we are still good, awake and not wore out...we will go farther on down the road and stay in some other place. I am not going to make reservations anywhere this time. In the past 3 years of our trips, all the places that we had plans to stay at were not anywhere near full. We might go farther one day or shorter...nothing to worry about, so we will stay wherever we decide to on any given day. Remember, we are going in between seasons, so motel pricing is always cheaper.

I have had some people email me asking to go, but wanting us to change and go at a later date because they think that going into the Colorado area is going to be in their rainy season. We have gone at this time for 3 years straight and we have only been rained on 1 time for a few hours and even then, it was a light rain. We rode over 60 miles in it before we put on our rain gear and still never got wet. Anyway, we are going May 21...the week before Memorial Monday and SORRY...but we are not changing the dates. Everyone is welcome to go and I really wish that you would go this time...it is going to be a dandy trip.

For those of you that want to keep score on Plan A...there are a few days that have two routes for that day...giving us a choice to go alittle farther if we feel up to it. If anyone is beat and they want to stop on the "A" day...no problem...we can stop for the day. The mileages for the entire trip are...

Plan A trip using "A" days...4347 miles
Plan A trip using "B" days...4315 miles

OK...now...who is going? There are no fees to send prior to the trip...everyone take care of their own expenses...share the cost of a room or whatever. Settle up with each other at the check-in time or whenever we get back...doesnt matter to me. There have been a few "whinning" about going...so, lets stop the waa...waaaaaaaaa...waaaaaaaaaaaaa and get your do-do together and lets go. If you want to take someone else along...fine with us...bring em. My Grandson is trying to go with me, but it will all depend on when his school lets him out in May.

Any questions...this is how to contact me...either email
( MotorsbyShooter@charter.net ), phone (817) 657-5662, or bring your carcus on over here to the house at 7804 Sugarland Dr. ... Ft. Worth, TX 76179

BTW...if you want to see what all we have done in the past three years, and what YOU have missed by not going...go to this link and enjoy yourself...

http://shooteraod.dyndns.org/BikeRides

$hooter...aka...Paul

Got the 2011 pics and vids organized on my site if anyone wants to have a look. We went to New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah & Colorado. Pics and vids are under the 2011 banner.

Last edited:
Well guys, 57 days and counting...I made another slight alteration to my plans...I am going to leave out on Monday, May 13 and go to visit some friends in Lubbock, then the next day, make my way over to Magdalenna, New Mexico for Tuesday night. Wednesday will have me running the "Devils Highway 666" (highway 191) in Eastern Arizona on my way to Johnny Ringo's grave site. After that , I will be running as planned.

I made myself a new YOU TUBE channel and was really surprised that someone hadnt taken it before. When I saw it was available, I didnt wait and jumped right on it. My new YOU TUBE channel is "HondaGoldwingGL1800". Maybe Honda will want it some day and pay me some money or gimmie a new Wing. In the meantime, I dont think I will hold my breath.

YOU TUBE... http://www.youtube.com/user/HondaGoldwingGL1800

http://shooteraod.dyndns.org/BikeRides (road maps)

enjoy all...

Back